Under the supervision of Technical Supervisor and Shift Supervisor, performs laboratory tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows all hospital and laboratory policies, guidelines, procedures and protocols. May assume charge duties in absence of Supervisor.
* 10 hours, on third shift, hours 1930-0600 rotating every other weekend. Blood bank primary with rotation in core lab.
* 2nd shift 10 hours with every other weekend. Potential hours would be 1330 to midnight. Duties could range from core lab, Micro, and or Blood Bank per your interest.
– Require a Bachelor's degree in a health science program or medical technology. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience can be considered in lieu of required degree. Employees hired prior to 1/1/09 were grandfathered into this position.
– Require current technologist license under Chapter 483, Part IV, Florida Statute 61F-5.
– Prefer a minimum of one (1) year experience in a clinical laboratory.
– Prefer excellent communication and listening skills.
– Prefer demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
– Prefer basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications and office.
– Prefer qualification as an ASCP, AMT, NCA, or an equivalent medical technologist.