Facility: Sarasota Memorial – Venice Hospital
Under the supervision of Technical Supervisor and Shift Supervisor, performs laboratory tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows all hospital and laboratory policies, guidelines, procedures and protocols. May assume charge duties in absence of Supervisor.
– Require a Bachelors degree in a health science program or medical technology. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience can be considered in lieu of required degree. Employees hired prior to 1/1/09 were grandfathered into this position.
– Require current technologist license under Chapter 483, Part IV, Florida Statute 61F-5.
– Prefer a minimum of one (1) year experience in a clinical laboratory.
– Prefer excellent communication and listening skills.
– Prefer demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
– Prefer basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications and office.
– Prefer qualification as an ASCP, AMT, NCA, or an equivalent medical technologist.
Sarasota Memorial Health Care SystemSarasota Memorial Health Care System, an 839-bed regional medical center, is among the largest public health systems in Florida. With more than 7,000 staff, 900 physicians and 750 volunteers, it is one of Sarasota County’s largest employers. A community hospital founded in 1925, Sarasota Memorial is governed by the 9-member, elected Sarasota County Public Hospital Board. It is a full-service health system, with specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many programs. Sarasota Memorial is the only hospital in Sarasota County providing obstetrical services, pediatrics, Level III neonatal intensive care, and a Level II Trauma Center.