- Posted: over a month ago
Making life’s moments a little sweeter.
Reports to: Vice President of Finance/ Plant Bakery Manager
Working for Sara Lee:
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery became a stand- alone company in 2018 when it was purchased by Kohlberg and Company (private equity) from Tyson Foods. We have the feel of start up in many ways, though we are an established brand with a strong customer and consumer base. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, continually seek process improvements and a strong sense of customer service, then this is the right type of environment for you.
Our vision is to be the world’s most beloved bakery by creating irresistible foods, growing with our customers, and delivering value for all. We believe that each of us has unique points of difference and experience to offer. We believe that there is always a better way, and we will never be satisfied with status quo. We believe simplicity enables speed. We believe in integrity above all. We live for food, and we “wow” consumers and customers through collaboration and innovation.
Provide leadership and coordination to the Tarboro bakery operation’s team with regards to reporting and analytics, financial planning including annual budgets and monthly forecasts, and general ledger and controls. Complete preparation and interpretation of accounting and performance data, directing budget and cost controls, financial analysis, and accounting procedures. Support audit activities as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Local Finance Team in the areas of areas of responsibility include Generals Ledger, Payroll, Cost Accounting and Fixed assets.
- Perform and complete Month-end reporting requirements.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare weekly scorecard detailing line efficiencies, material overuse and spending variances.
- Prepare monthly forecast and review with plant manager
- Prepare and/or coordinate all weekly/monthly cost savings financial reports.
- Prepare cost savings tracking. Verify savings estimates.
- Develop annual operating plan and coordinate with department heads. Prepare required supporting worksheets and analysis. Meet AOP commitments.
- Monitoring and compliance of internal controls – SOX (Sarbanes Oxley). Direct all testing procedures.
- P-card reconciliation and monitoring.
- Coordinate BOM updates and NetSuite processing.
- BOM reviews and IE standards.
- Work with floor supervision to learn production processes and understand issues when they are presented.
- Timely resolution of day-to-day accounting issues and assist Plant manager as needed.
- Maintain manufacturing data systems integrity.
- Analyze Budget volumes (compare year to year) cases and pounds.
- Explode case volume to extrapolate pounds.
- Gather and validate Budget direct labor and benefits cots and overhead costs and assign to SKUs.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Balance Sheet and is current and reconciled.
- Validate weekly payroll.
- Review and account for obsolete materials.
- Review and account for finished goods reserves.
- Record any plant tests.
- Analyze overhead costs and record accruals for annual unrecorded monthly expenses.
- Calculate and record overhead volume variance.
- Analyze manufacturing variances in product costs against AOP. Identify and report deviations from standard.
- Perform and complete all the following activities:
- Weekly and monthly reporting of manufacturing variances (ingredients and packaging)
- Daily, weekly, and monthly direct labor reporting and analysis.
- Weekly and monthly review of indirect spend with department managers.
- Daily backflushing of Bill of Material (BOM) requirements.
- Daily validation of finished goods production.
- Provide accurate and detailed cost estimates as required.
- Review of monthly P&L with leadership team
- Annual inventory reconciliation of all raw materials, packaging, WIP items and finished goods
The position responsibilities outlined above are not to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties and responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required - Accounting.
- Master’s degree in accounting or Finance preferred but not required.
- Professional certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5-10 years of professional experience required in manufacturing environment, food and or bakery preferred.
- Previous staff management experience a plus.
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- Experience with reporting weekly/monthly actuals, month-end closing, forecasting and budgeting. Experience in shop floor reporting systems a plus.
- Strong background in MS Office products (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
- Be able to think analytically and problem solve using LEAN tools.
- Be a quick learner, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work flexible hours and overtime when needed.
- Be a team player, detail oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a results-oriented leader, demonstrate record of accomplishments, and have high ethical standards.
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery,LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sara Lee Frozen Bakery,LLC