Clinical Lab Scientist (PCR, Covid Testing, Certification)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If interested in the job description below please email a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shift: Sunday to Wednesday Shift
Sapphiros Laboratories is seeking an experienced full-time Molecular Lab Technologist to be part of our rapidly growing diagnostics business. You will work in our laboratory in Redwood City, CA and have a role in driving growth within of our diagnostic business. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of automation systems and experience in techniques for nucleic acid extraction, PCR and general laboratory techniques. The position requires an attention to detail, professionalism and a production focused mindset. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated individuals with an interest in diagnostic testing to work in an exciting growing business.
We Innovate Together
We work as a team to deliver extraordinary and disruptive innovation & technology that changes healthcare
We Care for Each Other
We care; for each other, our customers and our partners
We Deliver on our Commitments
Individually and as a team we are accountable to deliver on our commitments and always focus on creating value for our customers, investors and partners
- Adhere to established laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs) for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, and reporting
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory instruments according to established SOPs
- Adhere to laboratory quality standards and programs; notify the supervisor or laboratory director immediately of any deviations from protocol and work with the Quality Manager to complete necessary documentation according to laboratory procedures
- Maintain accurate records for sample testing, equipment maintenance/monitoring and reagent inventory
- Ensure reagents and test kits are properly labeled with date of receipt, date of expiration and date opened; tore all reagents according to vendor requirements
- Perform laboratory cleaning according to established SOPs
- Participate in proficiency testing and ensure that samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Follow CLIA, HIPPA, OSHA and safety guidelines
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
- Analyze, review and release test results within established turn around times.
- Assist in training of new personnel on laboratory procedures, including equipment operation and maintenance
- Participate in validation/verification activities for assay development
- Must qualify as a General Supervisor under the Federal Register, 42 CRF, Subpart Subpart 493.1461
- Perform other duties as directed
Sapphiros Offers You:
- The opportunity to drive innovation in laboratory testing
- An environment which encourages career development and the opportunity for growth
- The chance to participate in regulatory inspections and gain clinical laboratory experience
- The pathway to become a successful and respected member of the scientific community
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology, Chemical, Physical, or Biological science from an accredited institution, college or university OR other qualifications as described in the Federal Register, 42 CFR, Subpart M 493.1461
- Two to five years’ of post-undergraduate experience in a high-complexity laboratory environment
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously
- Must protect patient confidentiality at all times
- Ability and willingness to work under general supervision, follow instructions accurately and thoroughly
- Must have a high level of analytical and technical ability to perform highly complex molecular biology techniques
- Must have ability to make logical decisions, based on sound judgment and experience.
- Must have an understanding of computer technology and its applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must possess interpersonal skills to interact courteously and communicate effectively with co-workers
- Must be well organized, have an attention to detail, be able to work independently, and be able to handle stressful situations
If interested please email a resume directly to email@example.com.
27 Drydock AvenueRedwood City, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Sapphiros