Barista Trainer (Full Time + Benefits)
Santa Monica Erewhon Santa Monica, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Pay negotiable based on your experience.
- We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze and implement better operational standards for the Tonic/Coffee departments for all Erewhon locations.
- Create corporate wide Tonic/Barista training manual and provide ongoing training for department’s best performance in service and quality.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing culture of accountability and continuous improvement that adheres to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and processes.
- Train and develop Tonic/Barista employees for the responsibilities of their jobs, which ensure a high level of overall performance, customer satisfaction, and positive sales results.
- Work with Tonic Bar Director for long-term, strategic planning and continuous improvement of Erewhon’s Tonic/Barista operations and products.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned by Stakeholders and Director.
What You Will Bring:
- Authorized SCA Trainer Certification, Coffee Science Certification, or similar certification required.
- At least 2 years as a Manager with experience training multiple café locations/teams and creating barista training manuals for corporate wide use.
- Professional barista knowledge required and experience roasting coffee highly preferred.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and lead small to large scale complex events and projects with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Ability to travel to all Erewhon locations for trainings.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Santa Monica Erewhon
AddressSanta Monica, CA
FoodView all jobs at Santa Monica Erewhon