Production Supervisor (3rd Shift,10pm - 6:30 am) - Santa Cruz
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Production Supervisor develops and maintains efficiency within the Production Department per approved standards for labor, productivity and quality as well as supervises the day-to-day activities of the department. The position executes and organizes planned production runs, assuring maximum productivity for labor usage, material usage and minimized scrap. The Production Supervisor tracks and develops workflows and employee scheduling to achieve production standards and coordinates tasks between Warehouse, Planning and Quality to achieve desired product output and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise employees in the production department including interviewing, hiring, promoting, evaluating performance and development, correcting performance issues and scheduling/managing weekly/daily work.
- Train all department personnel, ensuring that they are properly trained on all procedures and processes, including cGMP requirements.
- Develop effective workflow and staffing, managing both regular employee and temporary staff.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork for production runs are completed on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with other departments within manufacturing to ensure sufficient product resources and information.
- Maintain knowledge of Quality practices including inspection levels and develop and communicate critical to quality (CTQ) standards and practices.
- Manage and organize shift personnel and schedule attainment.
- Oversee shift's production operations, including manufacturing and packaging processes.
- Respond to technical questions and situations related to manufacturing and packaging processes.
- Respond to and report any downtime and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and work with maintenance to maximize uptime and productivity.
- Communicate with and train employees on job functions, safety information, CTQ and lean/5S practices.
- Enforce safety regulations with all production employees and ensure overall team safety compliance.
- Prepare information and assist in various certification/customer audits.
- Maintain and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), safety and product quality standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 years' professional experience in production, manufacturing or machinery.
- Proven leadership/supervisory experience.
- Understanding of GMP requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel, plus Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Strong communication, organization and decision-making skills.
- Degree and/or trade school certificate in a related field.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and proven ability to develop related improvements to processes.
- Understanding of FDA and manufacturing guidelines.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Santa Cruz NutritionalsWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits, tremendous room for growth.
Santa Cruz Nutritionals (SCN) is the leading contract manufacturer of enhanced confectionery delivery systems for the functional food and nutraceutical markets. With unique food science expertise and proprietary processes, we pioneered gummy category firsts, including children’s vitamins, calcium, fiber and more. Now, we produce a wide range of products for our branded industrial and retail partners. Beyond supplements, we also make certified organic gummy jelly beans with highest quality ingredients.
2200 Delaware AveSalinas, CA