Movie Theater Assistant Manager - Santa Cruz Cinema
- Posted: over a month ago
Santa Cruz Cinema is owned and operated by the same family that owned Century Theatres. Their first theater, the Rita in Vallejo, CA, opened in 1941, starting a business that would grow to become the fourth largest movie theater chain in the country. In 2006, the company began a process of diversification into other hospitality and sports-related businesses, including VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa, Tomatina restaurants, and Peacock Gap Golf Club, as well as commercial and residential real estate developments while staying in the movie business with West Wind Drive-Ins and Public Markets. West Wind Drive-Ins is the largest drive-in movie theater chain in the country with four locations in California, two in Nevada, and one in Arizona.
The position of Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager with the overall operations of the theater while working hands-on alongside the hourly Attendants. The Assistant Manager will also be responsible for supervising the hourly Attendants. Assistant Managers are expected to be fully competent and cross-trained in all departments of the theater including box office, usher, concessions, money room and booth. Assistant Managers are expected to set high standards for themselves, while maintaining company standards and adhering to the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Paid Time Off
- Free movies for you and your loved ones when you bring your friends and family to the movies
- Employer Matched 401K
- Flexible Scheduling
- Growth Opportunities
YOUR FOCUS AND OUR FOCUS:
- To maximize revenue.
- To control expenses.
- To deliver excellent customer service.
- To maintain the quality and cleanliness of your facility and work space.
- Minimum of 1year’s experience in a supervisory role.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Thrives in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from the general public.
- Skilled multi-tasker.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Completed Food Handlers certification.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Accurate cash handling and basic math skills.