Santa Cruz Bicycles Santa Cruz, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You will join a collaborative and fast-paced purchasing team that works with global vendors to make the best mountain bikes on the planet. This role requires an expert negotiator who can have extensive conversations about bicycle materials and components. You will track orders, work with the QC department on quality as well as make key decisions for the cost and delivery of goods. We are looking for someone with a long career in purchasing who can take on challenging tasks and pave the road for this new role.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Establish long-lasting relationships with high-contact vendors
- Establish and maintain all vendor-related activity in ERP system.
- Procure materials, supplies, services, and equipment to support production with limited supervision
- Handle assigned commodities including ordering, tracking and expediting
- Lead component inventory to support assembly activity in accordance with established safety and stock guidelines
- Ensure cost accuracy to minimize IPV/PPV
- Navigate Harmonized Tariff Schedules with accurate results
- Operate and maintain significant elements of the MRP system
- Monitor orders to ensure on-time deliveries and expedite as required including global shipments
- Establish and maintain the first line of communications with vendors
- Identify problematic materials in back orders and implement solutions
- Identify potential material shortages and work with the team to find substitutions
- Maintain established standard pricing
- Handle obsolete inventory
Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a high volume production purchasing role
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, highly communicative, collaborative, imaginative and strong diplomacy skills
- Ability to work under stress, handle multiple projects and sometimes ambitious deadlines
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, area, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of advanced math
- Experience in outdoor and/or cycling industry is preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of advanced math.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to quite.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and 3-5 years of purchasing experience in a high production facility.
Why work here: For 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world, and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
By clicking Submit Application, you consent to allow Santa Cruz Bicycles to store and process the personal
information supplied above for recruiting and employment review purposes.
Powered by JazzHR
Santa Cruz Bicycles
AddressSanta Cruz, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Santa Cruz Bicycles