Santa Clara Development Corporation Española, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
The individual will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of IT operations ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals, identifying new solutions, maintenance and support of all company applications and business intelligence, and coordinating/scheduling daily activities for the Information Technology Department. The individual will oversee all Help Desk Services, application support, and system staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Communicates with all departments on specific needs and/or problems, and acts as a liaison between Systems Technicians, Vendors and Management.
- Supervises the Application Analysts, IT Technicians, Network Analyst, and System Administrator.
- Assists the Director of Information Technology in developing, modifying and enforcing departmental procedures, as they relate to technical support of all systems on property.
- Strategically plans and determines feasibility of systems integration studies, capacity planning and production scheduling, communicating with other departments, as needed.
- Ensures the successful conversion of user specifications into working computer programs, through design, modification, testing and evaluation of all software packages.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled meetings, and conveying content of meetings to any Information Technology Department Team Members not in attendance.
- Participates in the establishment, organization, and implementation of short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement.
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving business challenges and needs. Make recommendations.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; plan and conduct performance evaluations, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; help prepare the annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Keep all areas clean and sanitized as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Administration from a four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years' proven hands-on experience implementing, supporting, administrating, troubleshooting and maintaining core enterprise applications of Casino Management System, Property Management Systems, Financial Management Systems, F&B Systems.
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate fluently in English.
Santa Clara Development Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at Santa Clara Development Corporation