- Posted: over a month ago
Under direct supervision, Maintenance HVAC/Refrigeration Mechanic performs skilled maintenance work in the daily and preventive care, repair, and maintenance of building HVAC systems and refrigeration equipment; perform minor plumbing, electrical, roofing, flooring, masonry, painting, mechanical, and carpentry work. This is a skilled, licensed level position which serves as a trainer for other Maintenance Technician Level. As a representative and team member of facilities department, this position is expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects professionalism and ensures guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to the following:
- Perform assigned HVAC/Refrigeration maintenance duties and routine preventive maintenance;
- Identify deficiencies and follow procedure for correcting problems;
- Makes repairs to HVAC/Refrigeration equipment in a timely manner;
- Maintain all tools, equipment and supplies in proper condition, and notifies supervisor to ensure adequate replacements are available as needed;
- Works with Contractors when on site for major repairs to HVAC and Refrigeration equipment;
- Assist Director with expense and capital budgets for HVAC/Refrigeration equipment;
- Operate HVAC/Refrigeration and maintenance equipment, test equipment and not limited to hand or power tools, company vehicles, or snow blowers;
- Provide data for maintenance reports, as requested;
- Performs minor electrical work such as repairing and replacing switches, receptacles, ballast and lights.
- Train facility technicians in HVAC/Refrigeration repairs, preventive maintenance and installation methods;
- Repairs and maintains equipment in guest rooms, casino, bowling areas and all offsite locations;
- General plumbing tasks, changing out faucets, mixing valves, plunging toilets, replacing a wax ring, rebuilding a toilet, or clearing drains;
- Change bulbs, HVAC filters, and batteries, as required;
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner to promote effective and safe operations.
- Performs other related duties as required by Supervisor or Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Two year Vocational School in HVAC/Refrigeration;
- Minimum three years of residential and commercial HVAC/Refrigeration experience, preferred;
- Journeyman HVAC Certification/License, preferred;
- Refrigeration Certificate, preferred.
Santa Clara Development Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?