YMCA Membership Director
The Santa Barbara Family YMC A has a 6.1 million dollar a year Membership Department budget serving over 10,000 members in the greater Santa Barbara area including Goleta, Montecito, Summerland and Santa Barbara. The Membership Director will oversee about 20 seasonal, part-time and full-time staff that helps operate this large department. The Santa Barbara YMCA Membership Director has a deep impact on the programs and services that are delivered to our members and participants.
This position is responsible for the overall planning, development, marketing, organization, staffing and supervision of the Membership Department. This position will directly oversee all Membership operations including but not limited to: New Member Acquisitions, Membership Retention, Monthly Membership Dashboards, Member Outreach & Appreciation, Monthly Membership Variance Reports, Membership Amnesty Program , Open Doors (FA) Program and Membership Promotion Events. The Membership Director II will also be responsible for being involved with Special Events, Program Membership Team (CIYMCA), Annual Support Campaign (Huddle Leader), Manager on Duty Program, membership staff recruitment, training and supervision.
· A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college
· High Quality human relations and communication skills
· Ability to work with a diverse population
· Staff supervision skills
· Computer skills (Protivity, Excel, Word, Facebook and Webpage)
· Mathematical Aptitude
· First Aid, CPR, AED and Oxygen certifications
· Listen First Skills
· Must be committed to the YMCA mission and philosophy
· Exemplifies Character Counts! values of responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, citizenship and respect
Key Result Areas:
I) Fiscal Management
1. Responsible for the development, implementation and corrective action of the departments (10 and 84) budget.
2. Responsible for monthly variances reports of the department budget.
3. Responsible for achieving revenue and expense targets for department.
4. Responsible for the implementation of the financial assistance program for the department.
5. Ensures that third party pays stay current.
6. Reviews department AR report weekly and takes immediate corrective action on participants more than sixty days.
7. Knows and follows Association policies and procedures for the intake and refunds of monies for membership and programs.
8. Heads up the Accounts Receivable department and is accountable for the management of the account.
9. Develops and implements the Financial Assistance for all departments at the YMCA.
10. Manages the Silver Sneakers program.
II) Volunteer/Financial Development
1. Serves as a staff Liaison for the Program & Membership Committees.
2. Responsible for recruitment of Committee Volunteers.
3. Serves as Co-Leader to the Volunteer Huddle Leader in the Annual Campaign.
4. Responsible for recruitment and training of Campaign volunteers to ensure achievement of dollar goal.
5. Develop and conducts department fundraisers.
III) Personnel Management
1. Responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision and discipline of department staff.
2. Responsible for annual performance appraisal of all department staff.
3. Responsible for following Association HR guidelines in hiring and supervision of department staff.
4. Responsible for developing annual training plans for yourself and department personnel.
5. All staff is able to exhibit the six pillars of character and conduct themselves at all times as pillars of character.
6. Supervises the Financial Assistance and Accounts receivable department.
7. Manages the billing and the distribution of communication between the branch and the Association Office.
IV) Program Management
1. Information on Web site is current.
2. All department marketing and promotional material is relevant and up to date.
3. Responsible for developing and implementing evaluations that measures quality and member satisfaction.
4. In conjunction with the Wellness Department, responsible for the development and implementation of social activities for members and guests.
5. Department staff is trained in member service and can exhibit those attributes.
6. Responsible for acquiring and maintaining required records of members and participants according to association guidelines.
7. Ensures that needed staffing levels are maintained at the Welcome Center desks.
8. Develops and maintains communication system between membership and other departments as to program offerings.
9. Responsible for the Silver Sneakers program.
V) Facility Management
1. Ensures that the Membership is clean and well maintained
2. Daily inspects department for maintenance and safety issues. Reports issues to Facility Director and immediate supervisor.
3. Responsible for supervision of the Manager on Duty Program/Staff.
i. Responsible for conducting department safety drills.
ii. Keeping the Facility safe and clean during non-business hours.
iii. Opening and Closing of the building.
1. Serves as a member of the Association Membership Program Advancement Team (PAT).
2. Represents the Y at community events when requested.
3. Takes the lead on Cause Driven Activities at the YMCA.
4. Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor or Executive Director.