- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
General Function: The School Age Child Care Lead Teacher is responsible for caring out a licensed childcare program curriculum based on the needs and interests of program participants. This includes general supervision to ensure safety, assisting with program areas and general maintenance. The incumbent is responsible for supervising up to 14 children between the ages of 4.9-12. The incumbent is also the acting Site Supervisor when the Site Supervisor is absent from the site location.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. 18 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalent
2. CPR/AED and First Aid certification (within 1st 30 days of employment)
3. Criminal background clearance
4. Physical examination and TB test
5. Pesticide Training
6. Vaccines/Flu Vaccine Declaration
7. A minimum of one year experience working with children ages 4.9-12
8. Twelve completed units of Early Childhood Education (ECE) courses, Recreation, Elementary Education, or a related field accepted by licensing
Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents. Also, must be able to walk, sit, kneel, stand, crouch, run, and lift up to 40lbs.
Key Result Areas
Supports the Mission, Vision, and Direction of the YMCA:
1. Understands and supports the mission of the YMCA
2. Demonstrates the attributes and qualities of a positive role model through the use of Character Counts! and asset building.
3. Respects and honors cultural and human diversity
4. Participate in events for new and existing members to meet one another and to learn more about the YMCA
5. Supports the role of fund-raising in achieving the YMCA mission
6. Understands and embraces the role of volunteers
1. Understand, follow and enforce all YMCA policies regarding safety
2. Know and understand emergency procedures and responds promptly and when necessary
3. Complete visual daily safety inspection for all assigned program areas
4. Identifies potential risk factors in the program environment and takes measures to reduce those risks.
a. Assessing and eliminating risks in programs
b. Child Abuse Prevention
5. Completes all forms [ouch, bad day, good day, accident, incident (CIYMCA and Licensing), unsafe working condition reports, and enters all pertinent information into Communication Log] within an hour of the occurrence
6. Keep First Aid Kit in close proximity to program activities and maintain adequate supplies in First Aid Kit at all times
1. Plan and implement a childcare program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the Channel Islands YMCA.
2. In the event of the Site Supervisor’s absence this fully qualified teacher is to be designated the Supervisor of facility and program responsibilities.
3. Make commitment to delivering a quality experience for all program participants
4. Takes initiative by providing better ways to serve and involve members in the program community; strive to provide service that will exceed expectations
5. Demonstrate knowledge of program by answering members’ questions.
6. Responds to concerns and complaints in a way that makes each person feel valued; initiates action for prompt resolution
7. Assists site supervisor in developing and facilitating age appropriate activities with and for the program participants
8. Involves and empowers youth
9. Understands and applies basic youth and adolescent development principles
10. Understands general licensing requirements.
11. Maintain adequate stock of necessary supplies, informing Supervisor of additional supplies as necessary
12. Maintains proper control using constructive methods, keeping in mind each child’s individual needs
1. Follows policies, standards, and procedures
2. Attends and actively participates in monthly staff meetings, required trainings, and other work related activities
3. Is reliable and consistently punctual
4. Responsible for planning 3 months of activities with the site supervisor
5. Creates and follows daily program schedules
6. Use CIYMCA resources appropriately and efficiently
1. Develops positive relationships with youth
2. Keeps Supervisor informed in regards, but not limited, to:
a. Personal School schedule (including finals and breaks)
b. Time off requests/ covering of shifts
c. Daily program happenings with coworkers, children, and parents.
2. Treats everyone with respect, courtesy and consideration
3. Display integrity
4. Listen actively and genuinely by demonstrating Listen First skills
1. Helps member and participants make connections to others and to the YMCA
2. Actively participates in the program community by facilitating positive relationships with children, parents, staff, school, and community.
3. Practices effective relationship-building with the use of “Listen First” and other techniques
4. Greets all members by name and with a smile
5. Takes the initiative to talk to members (program participants and parents) creating a welcoming environment in all YMCA program areas.
Santa Barbara Family YMCAWhy Work Here?
Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team of cause driven leaders.
The Santa Barbara Family YMCA is committed in making a difference in the community.
36 Hitchcock WaySanta Barbara, CA
EducationView all jobs at Santa Barbara Family YMCA