Oversee the operations and production of a fast paced, high volume food and beverage department.
- Manage and motivate a culturally diverse kitchen staff.
- Resolve conflict situations with employees, customers or in-house situations as they arise.
- Creates schedules, tracks employee progress, evaluates employee performance, provides positive feedback and issues any necessary disciplinary action. Maintains departmental employee files.
- Implements the directives given by the Executive Chef.
- Ensures that food preparation meets federal safety and health guidelines and company quality standards.
- Supervises the cooks in daily operations of food and beverage facilities.
- Supervises utility personnel to ensure optimum standards of sanitation, health and safety.
- Notifies the executive chef of any variances in production, personnel needs, inventory requirements and general status of kitchen operations.
- Assists in controlling production cost and product waste.
- Regularly assists the Chef in conducting safety and sanitation inspections.
- Plans, organizes and implements daily assignments.
- Any other tasks assigned by management that are deemed necessary.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal members.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years Sous Chef experience and three years as food and beverage supervisor.
- Good interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Bi-lingual and multi-cultural experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission non gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Must be able to work well in fast paced, customer oriented environment.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Traditional office equipment.
- Traditional restaurant equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment/machinery. Equipment and machinery must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.