As our Medical Assistant we here at Sansum Clinic are looking for you to bring your expertise to our growing “We Care” team. We have multiple specialties including Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Endocrinology, Urology, Psychiatry, and Dermatology. If you enjoy communicating with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team as well as bringing best clinical practices and medical practices, we’re looking for you. We do require a Medical Assistant Certificate or a graduate from an EMT program so please make sure you can bring that to the table before applying. We look forward to hearing from you. To apply directly please visit us at: www.sansumclinic.org/employment
Sansum Clinic is the largest independent nonprofit healthcare organization nestled in between the scenic foothills of Santa Barbara between the Los Angeles Basin and the San Francisco Bay Area. With more than 150 affiliated physicians and 1,000 employees, Sansum Clinic provides the full spectrum of healthcare services, from primary care to more than 30 specialties. Sansum Clinic serves more than 150,000 patients (600,000 visits) annually at our 25+ patient care facilities between Carpinteria and Santa Maria. To learn more about Sansum Clinic visit us at: www.sansumclinic.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with office procedures and provides direct patient care.
- Obtain and document patient history and vital signs (i.e., height, weight, BP).
- Performs a wide range of clerical duties that may include: obtaining test results, tracking labs, documenting information as needed, helping to schedule follow-up appointments, procedures and tests.
- Clean exam room tables, chairs, surfaces, blood pressure cuffs, patient care equipment and other equipment as needed. Keep exam rooms stocked with supplies.
- May help order and stock educational material and medical supplies.
- Assist with Medical Services Coordinator duties (i.e., greets patients, answers phones, completes paperwork).
- Organize and maintain nurse's stations and medication rooms as needed.
- Occasionally cover for other non-licensed staff as deemed necessary.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Works as a team player supporting a variety of staff.
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all activities respecting patient, family and employee rights and expectations.
- Demonstrates sound cost containment techniques.
- Adheres to established safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and practice. Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Maintains certification and license requirements and submits required evidence of certification/licensure as needed.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Completes annual performance and competency evaluation process with management and participates in goal setting, performance improvement and educational training as needed.
- Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs/activities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Exercises discretion and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED: (Certification with one of the following agencies required:)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AMA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants (CMAA)
- EMT Program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required or dually certified in both AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support AHA
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support