The National Account Manager role has direct responsibility for building brand equity, sales and profits for key strategic brands in multiple categories. The expectation is to achieve or exceed sales goals through a comprehensive vertical business management approach owning the process from top to bottom. This position will manage various Sanofi Brands within Target. The National Account Manager in this role is passionate about the business and an independent thinker with a team spirit. Proven analytical and critical thinking skills are necessary, along with organization, persistent follow up and attention to detail. Multi-tasking should be second nature. Excellent negotiation, listening, verbal and written communication skills are necessary as well as a comfort level presenting to both Sanofi CHC and customer senior management.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Building brand equity and increasing the sales volume of brands assigned
- Achieve assigned sales quotas Develop and achieve new item distribution, merchandising and promotional objectives
- Provide analytical support for the assigned brands utilizing account-level data, national level data, Panel data, and consumer insight data. This includes but not limited to; planning, promotional evaluation, business reviews
- Manage Sanofi's merchandising objectives through proper plan o gram placement
- Manage and invest the assigned special events budget in accordance with company policy
- Maintain accuracy and checks on special event spending, redemptions, and evaluating spending, changes needed on monthly basis
- Create, manage and update custom reports as needed
- Authorize and manage damages, return goods and assist in deduction management in accordance with company policy
- Provide administrative support as directed
- To comply with all company policies, instructions, and directions for the fulfillment of company objectives and to maximize profits from sales
- To be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices; keeping management informed concerning them
- To prepare bi-monthly sales reports and expense reports as required
- To prepare and submit any special reports, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions, as may be requested by management
- This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Experience: 3-5 years proven sales experienced in a related position with direct account responsibility. National Account Experience is required/Target experience is preferred.
Professional Skills: 3+ years experience utilizing Nielsen or IRI syndicated data; excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to analyze and evaluate several sources of data to develop actionable insights.
Role Specific Competencies: This position requires extensive use of computer equipment. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft business software to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Proficiency with Nielsen or IRI programs is required. This position requires the ability to travel and have overnight stays.
Special Requirements: Position is located within driving distance of Target headquarters in Minneapolis, MN. Overnight travel is required.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life