Assistant General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant General Manager opportunity with growing, successful regional family owned and professionally managed company, serving customers since 1934.
This position is responsible for the overall management of a "stand alone" business and plays a critical role in our corporate team environment. The minimum job requirements will be to consistently strive and contribute to overall excellence that will meet or exceed corporate objectives. Direct oversight of management staff (sales, customer service, and back office), supervision and support will be the direct responsibility of this individual.
Technical Skills to Include:
- A thorough understanding of a products environment
- Knowledge of product and equipment
- Microsoft Office applications - Word I Excel/ Outlook
- General understanding of the internet's emerging role in internal and external communication
Leadership Skills to Include:
- Hands on leadership a must
- Must be able to lead and motivate by example
Communication Skills to Include:
- Must be comfortable communicating with all levels of management
- Must be a self-starter who is good at identifying and leveraging opportunities as they arise
- Must have a positive attitude and excellent telephone skills
Strong management skills necessary
- Good common sense
- Formal training on how to manage and lead by example
- Conflict resolution and training are key components for this position
- P & L responsibility, evaluations & presentations
- Goal setting, delegate and follow-up
- Operating a business unit
- Management of Plant & Staff Positions
- Training and mentoring of Management and Supervisory personnel
- Coordinate and insure all corporate training and procedure guidelines are being met for all associates
- Manage multi-functional areas including; Warehouse, Office Administration, Route Distribution and Outside Sales Departments
- Responsible for all Company assets including: building, equipment, fleet, inventory, accounts receivable, monitoring and collection
- Customer Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Community Representation
- Have fun and enjoy what you do
- Valid driver's license, with excellent driving record
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- High level of Energy
- Ability to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a drug screen when required
- Formal Education Preferred; A four-year degree or at least 3 years' experience as a business operating manager
- Excellent Salary
- 401-K with generous company match
- Paid vacations
- Bonus/profit share opportunities
- Cell phone
- Group benefits package (Medical, Dental, Short-term Disability, Vision, and Life Insurance)
Our company is dedicated to resource conservation and social responsibility. Part of the quality service we offer our customers is the knowledge that we are helping them achieve their business goals while reducing their impact on the environment.
Sanitary Linen Service, Inc.
RetailView all jobs at Sanitary Linen Service, Inc.