- Posted: over a month ago
Network Operation Engineer
Sangoma is looking for a forward thinking Network Operations Engineer with advanced technical skills in networking, system, and tooling/automation to join the network operation team to improve operations efficiency and reliability of one of the most dynamic, fast-paced networks. The right candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment,enjoy digging into operational problems in order to implement the process enhancement and technical solutions to solve them, and be able to quickly learn and pick up new domain expertise and technologies.
- Hands on knowledge of encryption protocols such as MACSEC, IPSec, TLS
- Formulate the right metrics and definitions of success to drive quality, efficiency, cost, and timeliness, and evolve these over time to match changes to the infrastructure and business requirements.
- Perform deep dives on complex technical issues across networks, ranging from automated tooling to hardware failures and network issues.
- Anticipate potential operational risks and develop strategies to mitigate/minimize.
- Participate and improve escalation and emergency response with detailed postmortem while addressing issues systematically to prevent future occurrences.
- Resolve company network outages. Recommend and perform remedial actions to eliminate similar future troubles.
- Manage firewall technologies including Cisco, Fortinet, Mikrotik.
- Maintain and support existing infrastructure, and lead research, planning, design, implementation and support of existing and emerging infrastructure technologies in a complex environment with minimal supervision.
- Manage and configure network devices such as Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and APs.
- Have expertise in design, build and support of network infrastructure.
- Solve system problems with little supervision and minimal guidance.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Experience in implementing/maintaining the monitoring, alerting and repairing systems for production networks in a DevOps environment.
- Willing to participate on an on-calls schedule which includes overnights and weekends based on the team's needs on monthly cadence..
- 15% of travel( Domestic or international)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is ideal but will consider those actively attending college.
- Three or more years of experience in various industry standards and Cisco enterprise networking.
- Must have protocol-level understanding of Switching technologies – VLAN, STP (all types), LACP, Virtual switching – Cisco VSS / VSP or equivalent, spine-leaf architecture.
- Experience working within a global team and collaborating with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of web application firewalls, load balancers and proxies.
- Expert knowledge of Fortinet & Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Expert knowledge Routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
- Unix system management & scripting capability: Python & Ansible, GIT.
- Must have knowledge & experience of analyzing packet captures & Protocol analysis and proficiency with tools to collect network statistics utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc…)
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, common protocols, and standards.
- Must have working knowledge of 802.1x, firewalls, security policies, access lists.
- Handle software upgrades and device maintenance
- Experience with network virtualization eco-systems such as VMWare OR Experience in data center architectures (servers, networking, storage, physical hardware, virtualization, etc.)
- Functional/knowledge bullet for Public Cloud experience, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Works well under pressure, quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Good analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources Positive, confident, and able to work on own initiative.
- CCNA certification is preferred.
- Fortinet NSE certification is a plus.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which is designed to promote their personal well being as well as of their families. Sangoma not only offers a very competitive health benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, we also offer income protection benefits including life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability.
Founded in 1984, Sangoma Technologies (TSX VENTURE: STC) is a trusted leader in value-based Unified Communications (UC) and UC as a Service (UCaaS) solutions for SMBs, enterprises, OEMs, carriers, and service providers. Sangoma’s Voice over IP offerings include on-premise and cloud-based phone systems, SIP trunking services, and telephony hardware. Sangoma’s products and services are used in leading PBX, IVR, contact center, carrier networks, and data communication applications worldwide. Sangoma is the primary developer and sponsor of the Asterisk project, the world’s most widely used open source communications software, and FreePBX, the world’s most widely used open source PBX software. Businesses can achieve enhanced levels of collaboration, productivity, and ROI with Sangoma. Everything Connects, Connect with Sangoma! Additional information can be found at www.sangoma.com, www.asterisk.org, and www.freepbx.org
Job Applicant Privacy Notice:
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Sangoma
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?