Radiation Therapy Technologist
Sanford Federal San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Radiation Therapy Technologist.
Based at: San Antonio, Texas.
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for an experienced Radiation Therapy Technologist to be a part of Therapeutic Medical Physics Team who will support the Radiation Oncology program with specific therapeutic medical physics and support services.
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements
- Have at least two years of experience in clinical radiotherapy under the supervision of either a board certified RO or MP.
- Shall have experience – to include performing both IGRT and IMRT based patient treatments and daily quality assurance testing – using Varian Radiotherapy linear accelerators equipped with MultiLeaf Collimator (MLC) and Electronic Portal Imaging Devices (EPID) systems.
- Shall have experience setting up exposure factors when utilizing kV imaging, OBI and OSMS during the localization of treatment area.
- Shall have experience with SRS, SBRT, and HDR brachytherapy treatments.
- Shall have experience fabricating custom treatment aids, such as custom blocks, shields, compensators, molds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Shall have experience using Varian Aria electronic record and verify systems and Varian Radiotherapy Linear Accelerators.
- Shall possess teaching experience in clinical radiotherapy.
- Shall have experience in Computed Tomography-based radiotherapy simulation techniques.
- Shall have experience using a Huestis Compu-Cutter block cutting system. Shall have experience in documenting, ordering and charging in AHLTA on a daily basis.
- Shall be registered by the American Registry Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) as a Radiotherapy Therapy Technologist (RTT).
- Must maintain a current, active, valid and unrestricted license from the Texas Medical Board. HCW shall ensure that renewal actions are accomplished well before expiration of the provider’s license to ensure compliance with the contract.
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for:
- Shall administer complex and exact radiation treatments for patients using computer-controlled linear accelerator with MLC's.
- Shall assure accurate and consistent patient alignment and support/immobilization, employing laser alignment system, optical range finder, and treatment couch adjustment. Duplicate patient position established at time of simulation.
- Shall configure radiation head with proper field size, gantry and collimator rotation, beam modification devices to include: wedge filters, custom-mount or template-positioned cerrobend blocks, tissue compensators, bolus material.
- Shall program control console and verify treatment time, monitor units, and backup timer settings.
- Shall monitor patient during treatment. Interrupt treatment if necessary to render assistance, first aid, or administer CPR. Respond to radiological emergency in accordance to protocol for runaway machine or exposed radioactive source.
- Shall maintain permanent treatment record, making daily notation of machine settings and daily/cumulative radiation dose for each patient. Obtain digital images of treated fields using portal imaging system
- Shall execute treatment-planning procedures in conformity with physician specifications. Execute high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy treatments.
- Shall perform hospital chart and patient screening examinations. Alert physicians to indications of radiation toxicity or progressive cancer. Assist physician in clinic procedures as necessary.
- Shall observe clinical condition of patients undergoing radiation therapy to detect: skin erythema or desquamation, weight loss, separation changes, ataxia, orthostatic symptoms, or mental status changes. Report observations to physician as warranted.
- Shall order, retrieve, and screen complete blood count at prescribed interval. Examine patient's medical records for allergic history.
- Shall instruct patients regarding skin care, distribute informational publications dealing with nutrition or general aspects of radiation therapy. Answer questions and allay anxieties regarding radiation reactions, screening for queries, which require physician's response.
- Shall enter pertinent patient billing and workload information into ALTA /CHCS as instructed by the Chief, ROS.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR