Protestant Religious Education Director
- Expired: September 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sanford Federal, Inc. headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
Job Title: Protestant Religious Education Director
Based at: GEIELNKIRCHEN NATO AB, GERMANY
Job Summary: Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking for a Protestant Religious Education Director to Perform in Geielnkirchen Nato AB, Germany.
Description of Services:
- The Candidate shall direct, advise and coordinate Religious Education (RE) for the GK Protestant Community. The DRE consults and coordinates with the Protestant Chaplain on all religious education requirements for the Protestant community.
- The candidate shall assist the Protestant chaplain in the administration of the parish office and to attend to the facilitating of parish and chapel processes and procedures.
- The candidate shall coordinate the entire Protestant religious education program with the Installation Chaplain and/or Protestant chaplain and NCOIC.
- The candidate must be a Protestant of good standing with a Protestant Church and familiar with Protestant worshiping communities and religious requirements. Familiarity and experience with military chapel programs is highly desirable.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write English fluently. A bachelor’s degree in religious education is preferred but not required.
- The candidate must be able to use Microsoft Windows OS and Office computer programs effectively, in particular: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must be able to work comfortably and communicate effectively ensuring a culture of respect in a pluralistic, ecumenical, multi-cultural, and multi-faith military environment.
- Provide all information necessary for a background investigation to include an Installation Records Check (AF Form 2583), proof of a completed Child Care National Agency Check and Inquiries (CNACI).
- In addition, this includes the following: Personal/Security Questionnaire, National Security Agency Check Questionnaire, Background Check Permission Slip (Name, SSN, Signature), and fingerprinting. DODI 1402.5. In accordance with DODI 1402.5, a Criminal History Background Check must be accomplished for all individuals working with children.
- Consent to the background check is mandatory. Failure to consent to the background check will be grounds for immediate cancellation of the contract. In the event that a criminal history is found, the contract will be terminated.
The DRE will:
- Coordinate and administer a comprehensive Protestant RE program which includes the following when applicable: Adult studies, coordinate with Protestant Nursery Director or provide RE curriculum for nursery program (ex. AWANA or similar program), Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, Youth Groups and various special projects as deemed necessary by the Protestant Chaplain or Installation Chaplain.
- Assist the Protestant RE chaplain in determining curriculum needs, selecting appropriate curricula in accordance with Protestant teaching and Air Force Chaplain Corps standards.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Christian church calendar and anticipates RE needs of the Protestant community.
- Plan, develop, and implement an annual Advent/Christmas Program, Lent/Easter Program, and Vacation Bible School programs, as needed or directed by the Protestant Chaplain, to include recruiting, training, and equipping volunteers of these programs.
- Present at RE class sessions, including evening or weekend programs.
- Visit all RE classes as necessary to ensure quality control of the RE program.
- Coordinate fellowship meals for Protestant RE activities as directed by the Protestant RE Chaplain.
- Coordinate with the Contracting Officer Representative chaplain if unable to attend RE Programs and provide an acceptable substitute.
- Prepare an annual fiscal year Protestant RE budget and annual calendar of activities and events and coordinates requirements with the Protestant RE chaplain.
- Complete, coordinate, and submit the necessary forms for processing supply, equipment, and curriculum orders through the Protestant RE chaplain, Chapel Tithes and Offerings Account Manager (or equivalent), and NCOIC, in accordance with local instruction and Installation Chaplain direction.
- Coordinate project officer requests, return project officer reports, processes and manage the collection of funds projects, and deposits project officer and project collection monies.
- Inventory materials received from Chapel Tithes and Offerings (CTOF) orders.
- Recruit, train, and equip volunteer teachers and aides.
- Develop, plan, and implement RE workshops for volunteer teachers.
- Coordinate background investigation for volunteers.
- As a volunteer supervisor, the candidate will report volunteers’ service hours.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of teachers, aides, substitutes, and facilitators in the Protestant RE program.
- Maintain attendance records of program participants. Tracks and submits RE attendance figures to the Protestant RE chaplain, within two business days, at the completion of the event/program.
- Submit facility request forms to the chapel facility scheduler for coordination and approval.
- Ensure all volunteers and program participants are familiar with facility manager requirements for emergency procedures and egress.
- Attend chapel staff and Protestant Parish Advisory Council meetings.
- Responsible for announcing the cancelation of RE programs due to inclement weather, or other unforeseen circumstances, after consulting with the Protestant RE chaplain.
- Develop, coordinate, and advertise a calendar of RE events seeking to avoid and/or resolve schedule conflicts with other chapel programs.
- Responsible for securing chapel facilities and equipment following programs and activities.
- Coordinate and submit appropriated funds requirements to Protestant RE chaplain or designee.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at Sanford Federal