Medical Lab Technician
Sanford Federal Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Sanford Federal (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Medical Lab Technician
Based at: Italy
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for a successful Medical Lab Technician to perform in Italy. Our ideal candidate succeeds at providing relevant work experience, also, demonstrates an adequate education and background in this field, and fully capable of accomplishing his duties in such an effective and efficient manner.
- Applicants must have Associate’s Degree or higher in Clinical Laboratory Science or equivalent and is a holder of ASCP MT, MLS or MLT certificate.
- Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.
- Certification. Applicants must possess one of the following certifications from the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
- Medical Technologist (MT)
- Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
- Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
- Experience. The FTE is required to have 12 months of full-time experience in the last 36 months.
- A current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is a job requirement.
- Language Requirement. The Candidate shall read, understand, speak, and write English fluently.
- The FTE must be knowledgeable in medical privacy and confidentiality (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA]); accreditation standards of Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and The Joint Commission (TJC).
- Computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs, MS Outlook (e-mail), and internet familiarity is required.
- The ability to input, extract and format data from established databases is desired.
- The FTE must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
- The FTE must possess organization, problem-solving and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/caregivers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way.
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for:
- Perform and operate independently at a high level of competency all routine and complex clinical laboratory procedures.
- Recognize, respond to, and troubleshoot error codes, conditions, and malfunctions of the analyzers by using manufacturer operator manuals and via telephonic support assistance when necessary.
- Perform a wide variety of testing in the areas of hematology, coagulation, chemistry, urinalysis, serology, immunology, blood bank, molecular and microbiological testing.
- Select, perform and monitor the performance of a wide variety of highly complex specialty tests using automated analytical systems and instrumentation.
- Solve difficult problems, perform highly complex and specialized laboratory procedures, and modify or adapt new methods and techniques to improve and expand services.
- Interpret and follow manuals and instructions to carry out laboratory procedures.
- Perform quality control procedures to ensure that reagents, media, and assigned equipment are functioning properly.
- Collect capillary or venous blood specimens and prepare specimens for analysis, insure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained using proper hospital/regulatory agency guidelines and using excellent customer service skills/laboratory professionalism.
- Use knowledge of specificity, sensitivity, and stringency to validate and verify samples used and tests performed.
- Resolve technical problems and ensure remedial actions are taken whenever test results deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Develop section’s procedures and establish parameters for correlation of test results and pre-set troubleshooting, e.g., evaluate new test systems, reagent kits, and equipment.
- Evaluate, modify, and adapt new methods and revise standard techniques to improve or expand analytical measurement range, accuracy, precision, specificity, or proficiency of test analyses.
- Compare new methods or instrumentation with existing ones to determine performance characteristics suitability.
- Perform various filling duties including laboratory requisitions, reports to providers, and re-stocking supplies.
- Perform limited patient laboratory testing including the quality control and quality assurance required by regulatory agencies/laboratory policy.
- Utilize various computers to perform assigned work.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at Sanford Federal