Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Librarian
Based at: The Gorgas Memorial Library, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for a successful focused Librarian who shall have strong attention to detail, an understanding of the ILS cataloging and acquisition modules, and the ability to follow complex and detailed procedures for ILS input as they relate to varied and complicated publishing practices associated with legal and legislative collections.
Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements
- An ability to sort, arrange, and shelve research materials, including bound volumes and unbound pieces.
- An ability to respond to requests for research materials from the GML’s closed stack collection, locating, and delivering items within 15 to 30 minutes from the time requests are received.
- An ability to perform work with attention to detail and follow-through-to-conclusion.
Duties: the candidate will be responsible for,
- Continuous standing, walking, lifting, bending, and stooping to retrieve, re-shelve, shift, and update collections or to adjust shelves and move books from one location to another.
- Loading and unloading wire baskets or carts with books and unbound materials.
- Balancing on step ladders while pulling, moving, or re-shelving materials on the top shelves.
- Sorting materials in general category order and distributing these materials onto sorting shelves for further arranging.
- Arranging materials on book trucks (in item-specific call number order) from the sorting shelves or distribution trucks.
- Shelving materials of various sizes, weight, and quantities.
- Using hand-wheels to access compact shelving ranges.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR