Sanford Federal Lompoc, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sanford Federal, Inc. headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Education Advisor
Based at: Los Angeles, CA
The Education Advisor will be providing academic advisement, information, and guidance plus preparation of documents associated with the services provided as well as advising active duty personnel on all programs available through voluntary off-duty education, such as the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), DANTES, The Air University (AU), officer accession programs and other educational support programs as required by the E&TSC. Keeps the E&TSC current on all program and catalog changes and advises affected students promptly.
- Advises active-duty personnel on all programs available through voluntary off-duty education, such as the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), DANTES, The Air University (AU), officer accession programs and other educational support programs as required by the E&TSC. Keeps the E&TSC current on all program and catalog changes and advises affected students promptly.
- Provides advice and guidance to Active Duty Air Force (ADAF) members on CCAF degree opportunities by evaluating military training and course completions, reviewing transcripts and applying credit obtained. Conducts follow-up activities (phone calls, mail-outs, emails) to ensure individual student educational objectives are being met.
- Pulls the Advanced Standing List, Five-Year Warning, Candidate Status and Possible Graduates reports from the CCAF Online website to email potential graduates and to track in progress and/or actual graduates.
- Teaches potential CCAF graduates on how to use AFVEC features, to include but not limited to, how to update their personal data/supervisor information, how to create an Education Goal and how to access/use Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) and General Education Mobile (GEM).
- Instructs service members on how to use the Civilian Course Conversion Table (CivCCT), the Military Course Conversion Table (Mil CCT) and the 2017 Credit by Exam Matirx by Degree Program, as well as, how to track a transcript, submit a transcript and order a transcript.
- Assists all ADAF with information regarding Air Force tuition assistance information (does not obligate funds), Veteran Administration education benefits, federal financial assistance programs, local scholarships, and Air Force Aid Society.
- Ensures courses taken for CCAF using military TA are needed for CCAF degree and completes counseling notes in AFAEMS. Approves or disapproves CCAF Education Goals in AFAEMS.
- Refers students to the appropriate academic institution representative for registration and enrollment in courses or programs that pertain to their education goals.
- Responsible for preparing all necessary correspondence and forms and maintaining related records and logs required to support all aspects of job tasks.
- Assists, as needed, with planning, organizing, coordinating, and executing the annual Vandenberg Air Force Base Education Fair.
- baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the DANTES test program and advises students of DANTES tests that are applicable to their programs of study.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in adult/military education guidance counseling is required as evidenced by documented employment from the guidance office of a college or university or military education center as an academic/guidance counselor.
- Knowledge of or experience with Air Force terminology, office procedures, and education programs is preferred. Familiarity/facility with Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access is also preferred.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience. Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
EducationView all jobs at Sanford Federal