Sanford Federal Fort Lee, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
SAFRO Corp,Inc. is looking to hire CULINARY INSTRUCTORS to provide culinary classes at the Naval Technical Training Center (NTTC).
- Position: CULINARY INSTRUCTORS
- Location: Naval Technical Training Center (NTTC) Fort Lee, VA.
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8 hours per day based on course schedule.
- Job Type: Part-time, Contract
- A teaching certificate provided by an accredited institution (i.e. state or college); or
a certificate of completion of a military instructor course either enlisted or officer; or officer who completed instructor training; and
- Proof of at least three (3) years current (within the last 6 years) in the subject matter area relevant to the course(s) those personnel are to teach. This technical experience must have been obtained by working in the subject matter area vice simply teaching the subject matter.
- Proficiency in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Must keep up to date with the latest requirements/directives regarding the safeguarding, protection and proper use of PII as PII is handled daily and at a high volume.
- Shall complete annual Cyber Awareness, PII, and Records management training.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
The instructor shall familiarize their personnel with applicable Navy rules, regulations, and other requirements, and shall notify their personnel of changes to such as they occur. As identified by the Government, the Instructors shall attend in-service training (IST) designed to update instructors personnel on Government rules, regulations, and other requirements. The Government will try to schedule training to occur without interrupting the class schedule. All Instructors shall attend IST.
- The instructor may be required to utilize Automated Electronic Classrooms (AECs), Laptops, Presentation Technology Classrooms (PTCs), Learning Resource Centers (LRCs), and/or Video Tele-Training (VTT) to deliver course/content under this contract, as applicable. The instructor shall teach, test or remediate in applicable courses using the AEC or PTC, as required. As new Electronic Podiums or AECs/PTCs are implemented for courses or seats taught under this contract, the Government will coordinate the timeline and implementation schedule with the instructor.
- Legacy Environment (Group-Paced, Instructor Led) Resident Classroom Setting. The instructor shall provide onsite instructors certified to teach a course in a classroom setting and remediate one-on-one and in a small group setting. The instructor shall lead a classroom of students in a group-paced format using official curricula, to including but not limited to an instructor guide, student guide, technical manual that are either hard copy or digitized.
- Legacy Lab Environment (Group-Paced or Self-Paced, Instructor Led). The instructor shall provide a certified instructor to train in a lab using actual equipment, workstations or mock-ups, with students in one-on-one or small group in a laboratory setting.
- The instructor shall adhere to and maintain academic standards (e.g., course grading criteria) in accordance with assessment standards for the contracted course(s). If the student(s) have academic problems, the instructor shall provide recommendation for academic counseling and a remediation plan to improve their course performance and bring it back to the standard as approved by the NTTC Training Office.
- The instructor shall use best practices in classroom preparation, student administration, test proctoring, and safety procedures, to avoid interruptions in the training day and promote a safe and secure environment conducive to learning for courses supported under this contract. The instructor shall coordinate changes in classroom arrangements and/or scheduling with the GTPOC or TA. The instructor shall provide a Training Report to the TA and GTPOC by the first Wednesday of month, which will identify course convening, the instructor personnel teaching assignments and number of students in attendance.
- The Government will muster students and provide rosters to the instructor, where appropriate. When rosters are provided, the instructor shall verify student attendance. This function in some cases may be managed by the learning management system and therefore some minimal onsite training maybe required facilitating instruction in a self-paced environment. The Government will provide such training.
- As a minimum, the instructor shall: Prepare classrooms/workstations/labs prior to commencing instruction to include equipment set-up and required instructional material.
- Perform operational checks of all classroom/workstations/lab training equipment, devices, and aids.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of written instructional materials and student forms required by a particular classroom/seats/lab.
- Restore technical training equipment/simulators to operational condition for instructor-installed faults and ensure applicable trouble-ticket is submitted.
- Maintain proficiency in instructional techniques as set forth in the NAVEDTRA.
- Develop and maintain classroom management techniques that reflect professionalism and good discipline in order to enhance learning.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressFort Lee, VA
EducationView all jobs at Sanford Federal