Catholic Religious Education Coordinator
Sanford Federal Lompoc, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sanford Federal Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Based at: Lompoc, CA
Job Summary: Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking for a catholic religious coordinator to manage several religious programs including scheduling events, delivering religious training sessions, conducting and planning meetings, alongside other specified general tasks.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Be able to perform word processing in a Windows computer environment. Must be capable of working with calendar programs, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and show ability to work with other software programs if necessary.
- Be able to resolve interpersonal conflicts and promote constructive working relations.
- Maintain a respectful, positive, and spiritually sensitive environment. Must be able to work with Chapel staff members, all military personnel, Chapel volunteer lay leaders, and Chapel volunteers with diverse spiritual backgrounds.
- Undergo a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Background Check and received a final favorable suitability or fitness determination and be current on all periodic reinvestigations as required by DoDI 1402.05, Background Checks on Individuals in DoD Child Care Services Programs.
- Qualify as a Line-of-Sight Supervisor for programs involving minors. Line-of-Sight Supervision (LOSS) is defined as continuous visual observation and supervision of an individual whose FBI background check has not yet cleared, and has a favorable interim suitability or fitness determination, while engaged in child interactive duties, or in the presence of children in a DoD-sanctioned program or activity.
- Have a Master's degree in Theology or Religious Studies or have a valid AMS Advanced Catechist Certification.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience teaching Catholic Religious Education.
- Have a strong theological grasp of the Catholic faith, and have openness to a wide variety of faith expressions within the Chapel community.
- Also, be able to demonstrate the ability to clearly express the details of basic Catholic doctrine.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Catholic Religious Coordinator will work as:
- Coordinator of Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) Program
- Coordinator of Children's Liturgy
- Coordinator of Reconciliation
- Coordinator of 1st Communion
- Religious Education Coordinator (Pre-school - 7th grade)
The Candidate must be able to accomplish the following tasks:
- Under the direction of the Wing Chaplain, or designee, manage and coordinate the Catholic Community’s comprehensive Religious Education (RE) program for children and adults. Programs include, but are not limited to: Confirmation, Sunday Children’s Liturgy, Vacation Bible School, Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA), Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD), and all other parish or ecumenical bible study/religious education programs. Services being provided are an integral part of the Catholic ministry which serves to teach, promote, and communicate Catholic beliefs.
- Attend weekly chapel staff meetings and other official meetings as directed by the Wing Chaplain.
- Attend and support Parish Advisory Council (PAC) meetings.
- Develop a proposed academic year calendar of events, in coordination with the Archdiocese of Military Service (AMS) and local requirements and submit it for the Wing Chaplain’s approval by 1 August.
- Maintain records, statistical information, and reporting as required by applicable Air Force Chaplain Corps policy, or the Wing Chaplain [Ex: Volunteer names, contact information and program/event attendance] as found on the Chapel SharePoint site.
- Prepare, coordinate, and maintain sacramental records.
- Compile and track religious education registration.
- Schedule events, ensure facility cleanliness and security, and submit Appropriated Fund (APF) Requestor AF 4356,Chapel Tithes and Offering Fund (CTOF) Purchase Requests, in coordination with chapel staff as needed.
- Maintain Catholic resource library and adequate supplies of consumables, handouts, and various multimedia equipment.
- Recruit, train, and manage teachers and helpers for the religious education program, and ensures they have completed background checks on file. As well as, plan, coordinate, and direct the CCD program.
- Assist the Catholic priest in the selection and procurement of religious education curriculum, supplemental materials and supplies, ensuring all educational materials conform to ecclesiastical and Air Force Chaplain Corps educational requirements. Core curriculum will be selected from the Armed Forces Catholic Curriculum Guide. Curriculum orders must be submitted to the Appropriated Fund (APF) Approving Official no later than 31 March.
- Understand that all final decisions for the content of Catholic Religious Education/Instruction belong to the Wing Chaplain.
- Work in conjunction with the Protestant Religious Education Coordinator to plan, prepare and coordinate any and all ecumenical religious education programs.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR