Catholic Religious Education (RE) Coordinator
Sanford Federal Colorado Springs, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Catholic Religious Education (RE) Coordinator.
Based at: Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for an experienced Catholic Religious Education (RE) Coordinator who shall work to develop, enhance, and expedite a comprehensive Catholic RE Program including all required internal (chapel) and external (Archdiocese) documentation. Develop, implement, coordinate, and evaluate RE opportunities for Cadets, cadet candidates, and families of the USAFA Community Chapel Catholic program. Coordinate with the Catholic Chaplain and officiating priest as well as chapel staff, lay ministers, and the Parish Advisory Council (PAC) to carry out administrative and other support of all Catholic programs offered and conducted at the Community Chapel.
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements
- Have three years of experience as a certified Catechist for Archdiocese for the Military Services (AMS). Contractor shall provide this certification to the COR prior to the commencement of PWS duties.
- Have three years of experience working with Catholic children’s programs including Sunday RE, sacramental preparation for reconciliation, Eucharist, and children’s Liturgy of the Word.
- Be trained in and have three years of experience working in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) process.
- Have a minimum of three years of experience recruiting and training catechists and other volunteers.
- Have a minimum of one year of experience of working knowledge of a church budget.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in RE or a minimum of five years of experience as a catechist in a chapel or church setting.
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinate with Catholic chaplain and the officiating priest to arrange space and set-up for Catholic RE programs, children’s church and ceremonies to include: First Reconciliation, First Communion, confirmation, Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA), baptisms, Special Programs in Religious Education (SPIRE), and Vacation Bible School (VBS). The Catholic RE shall collaborate with PAC officers, volunteer lay leaders, and members of the Community Chapel in carrying out the responsibilities under the direction of the Catholic Chaplain or officiating priest.
- Collaborate with the Catholic chaplain or officiating priest, develop and submit an annual calendar of events, Chapel Tithes and Offering Fund (CTOF) and appropriated funds budgets, and an annual RE curriculum order and supplies to the Catholic chaplain or officiating priest and Wing Chaplain for approval as determined by local instructions.
- Oversee registrations and payments, respond to inquiries, and create a working folder for the RE program. Submit and file history reports and after-action reports (AAR) for future reference by the Catholic chaplain or officiating priest.
- Oversee and maintain work relating to the stated RE programs, including family database, program registrations, class lists, volunteer information, and sacramental record collection. The Contractor shall record each person’s sacrament received monthly for AMS permanent records.
- Oversee the recordkeeping process of enrollment and attendance of all Catholic RE activities and all Catholic services.
- Coordinate and setup room requirements for the Catholic SPIRE program. Recruit staff, procure necessary materials and supplies, train volunteer staff as needed, and supervise this activity.
- Maintain a current comprehensive list of all Catholic RE volunteers to include roles, training and hours volunteered.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR