- Posted: 22 days ago
SANFORD FEDERAL, Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
- Location: PEARL HARBOR NAVAL SHIPYARD & IMF, Pearl Harbor, HI
- Shifts: 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Sanford Federal is looking for a Personal Assistant who will assist with performing activities of daily living that an individual would typically perform if he or she did not have a disability. Tasks may include assistance with personal care such as eating and using the restroom, assisting with physical tasks, and cognitive tasks such as facilitation communication access with a reader.
The Candidate must meet the following requirements
- Knowledge of personal care functions and procedures to provide timely, safe, and appropriate personal assistance services for a wide variety of workplace situations.
- Knowledge of the duties, policies, commitments, and priorities of the supervisor to review requests for personal assistance services and determine which requests should be brought to the attention of the supervisor and which should be sent directly to other appropriate personnel for action.
- Knowledge of the organizational functions and procedures of the work unit to perform such duties as referring phone calls and visitors and providing general non-technical information.
- Knowledge of the office procedures, filing system, and various references and handbooks commonly used by the staff in order to classify, search for and dispose of materials.
- Knowledge of the duties of the staff and the programs of the office to perform non-routine assignments such as locating and summarizing information from files and documents when this requires recognizing which information is or is not relevant to the problem at hand.
- Knowledge of one or more types of software (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.) to accomplish tasks.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, standing, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform medium work and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned, and to complete records and reports.
- The applicable PA shall have the necessary licensing and certifications to perform such skilled personal care needs such as catheter care, bowel programs, tube replacement, etc.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Shall maintain a confidential security clearance.
The candidate shall fulfill the following assistance:
- Taking on/off one's coat.
- Help with toileting and hygiene.
- Assistance with meal preparation, and with feeding or eating.
- Retrieving materials out of reach.
- Assistance with walking and sitting (including transitioning and the use of walkers or wheelchairs).
- Providing travel/transportation assistance for an employee with a mobility impairment.
- Skill in written and oral communication to elicit organizational and individual needs to effectively provide personal assistance services.
- Safe guidance or reading printed materials to an employee who is visually impaired.
Sanford Federal Inc
HousekeepingView all jobs at Sanford Federal Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?