Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Sanford Federal, Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service- Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cybersecurity, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Sanford Federal is looking for a qualified Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, to provide services at Minneapolis VA Health Care System.
- Job Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Location: Minneapolis VA Health Care System, located at One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, specific schedule to be assigned by the Chief Nurse Anesthetist.
Requirements & Skills:
- Applicant must be a graduate from an approved School of Nursing and hold unencumbered current state licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Must have a current license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia) when services are performed onsite on VA property.
- Applicant shall be technically proficient in the skills necessary to fulfill the position requirements cited below.
- Must be able to provide copies of current CMEs as required or requested by the VAMC.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide Care in the most complex surgical procedures.
- Perform and document a pre-anesthetic evaluation of the patient before surgery including requesting consultations, and additional diagnostic and/or laboratory studies in consultation with the anesthesiologist.
- After concurrence with the plan by the anesthesiologist, initiate the planned anesthetic technique that may include general, regional, MAC, or local anesthesia. Interventions include administration of fluids, medications, ventilator support, provision of homeostasis, provision of adequate pain relief and management of anesthesia and surgical side effects.
- Induction of general anesthesia and initial airway management.
- Endotracheal intubation for surgical or procedural cases.
- Placement of endobronchial tubes or blockers for procedures requiring one lung ventilation or lung isolation.
- Central line placement; Pulmonary artery (Swan-Ganz) catheter placement
- Peripheral nerve blocks.
- Central neuraxial blocks.
- Epidural blood patches.
- Adjustment of anesthetic drugs and techniques utilized in the maintenance of
- Sedation for field blocks or MAC as discussed in the anesthetic care plan.
- Manages emergence from anesthesia after discussion and concurrence from the
- Provide anesthetic for: electroconvulsive therapy not requiring intubation; elective
- cardioversions; ICD checks.
- Participates on the Code Blue Team, primarily to manage the patient's airway, but also to perform other tasks which they are qualified to perform, as directed by the Code Team Leader.
- Emergency airway management throughout the facility, following the ASA Difficult Airway Algorithm and department protocols, as requested.
- Administer sedation or local anesthesia to facilitate urgent/emergent endotracheal intubation.
- Placement of intravenous lines throughout the facility, as requested.
- Management of epidural catheters for post-op pain relief within a protocol guideline ordered by the anesthesiologist.
- Placement of arterial lines as requested by the ICU's.
- Initiation of an anesthetic in an emergency that threatens the patient with loss of life of limb prior to the arrival of the anesthesiologist on-call
- Participation in staff meetings, mortality and morbidity conferences and other committees as assigned by the Chief Nurse Anesthetist or Chief Anesthesiologist.
- Maintains anesthesia equipment in constant readiness and cleans equipment in accordance with hospital guidelines, SOPs, manufacturer's recommendations and CDC guidelines.
- Prepares drugs properly for use in anesthesia administration per department SOP
- Precept CRNA students.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Participate in outcomes evaluation and recommendations for practice improvements
- Conduct in-service programs for the department and other services within the medical center.
Sanford Federal IncMinneapolis, MN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.