- Posted: over a month ago
FAR Group headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Location: Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD)
• be performed on an intermittent on-call basis, 24 hours a day, any day of the week.
• shall report, before performance on each case, to the Head of Anatomic Pathology Division of the Laboratory Department, NMCSD, or designee.
• Estimated 15-20 autopsy procedures are to be performed per year, based on NMCSD's past trends.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist in the various aspects of the autopsy which may include the external examination, making primary incisions, the internal examination including the extraction and dissection of organs of the torso, opening the cranium, removing and evaluating the brain and spinal cord, performing required clerical functions and other functions in the performance of the autopsy.
• Assist in ensuring that adequate supply levels are maintained and shall be responsible to generate requests for supplies.
• Guide the collection, assembly, and holding of specimens for toxicological study. The contractor shall direct the proper preparation and storage of organ specimens (e.g., heart, brain, etc.) for further specialized examination.
• be responsible for the safe and effective operation of equipment used in the autopsy room and contribute to a safe working environment.
Special Requirements/personnel qualifications:
• have knowledge of the procedures of the Decedent Affairs Office of Naval Medical Center San Diego including the autopsy request by the primary next of kin, communication with the decedent's attending physician, and the requirements to release bodies to funeral homes.
• have knowledge of jurisdiction issues and procedures concerning the office of the San Diego County Medical Examiner including the deaths reportable to the medical examiner's office.
• Possess experience and knowledge in autopsy techniques including specialized forensic techniques in the examination of forensic cases such as homicides, suicides, accidental trauma, drug-related deaths, drowning, aircraft accidents, and others that may be classified as Medical Examiner's Cases.
• Autopsy work may require lifting objects in excess of 50 pounds and standing for prolonged periods of up to 6-8 hours on the concrete floor.
• have knowledge of optimum specimen selection, collection, storage, and preservation required. The contractor shall employ specialized techniques to harvest blood, urine, vitreous humor, cerebrospinal fluid, and bacteriologic specimens for a wide range of general and forensic laboratory testing.
Why FAR Group?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
FAR Group is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Sanford Federal Inc
AddressSan Diego, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Sanford Federal Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?