ASL interpreter Part-time (On-Call)
- Posted: over a month ago
Sanford Federal, Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service- Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cybersecurity, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Sanford Federal is looking for qualified personnel to preform Language Support Services for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Job Title: ASL Interpreter
- Type: On call
- Location: St Louis, MO. 63101
- Possess certification from National Association of the Deaf/Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf or one type of certification recognized by the state where the disaster is declared.
- Have the skill and experience to change the modality in which they are interpreting to meet the needs of the disaster survivor(s) they are to serve and when appropriate, the broad spectrum of need nationwide.
- Comply with Professional Code of Conduct established by the national Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) regardless of the type of qualification they possess.
- Hold one type of certification recognized by the state where the disaster is declared, National Court Reporters Association (NCRA), National Verbatim Reporters Association (NVRA) or equivalent.
- Must understand government/emergency management terminology and the response and recovery process in order to best support the survivor's needs.
Need to be on location or remote as requested and can consistently translate from spoken English to American Sign Language (ASL), Conceptually Accurate Signed English (CASE), or Tactile Sign Language.
Why choose Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Sanford Federal Inc
AddressSaint Louis, MO
HealthcareView all jobs at Sanford Federal Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?