Sanford House Addiction Treatment Centers, a voluntary program, located in the Heritage Hill Historic District of Grand Rapids, Michigan, is seeking a part-time Program Nurse with experience treating individuals with substance use disorders. Clients who participate in our program are motivated and driven to be successful in their recovery.
- Daily assessments on residential and partial clients regarding their substance use disorder, mental health illness and any other medical concerns that may arise.
- Daily vital sign assessments for residential and partial clients.
- Communicate client concerns to the Nurse Practitioner on a daily basis. This includes but is not limited to: acute withdrawal symptoms, medication effectiveness, side effects and / or abnormal vital signs.
- Submit E-scribe refills as needed.
- Educate clients and staff on safe medication administration and management.
- Ability to utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) for all documentation.
- Ability to drive between 2 houses. The Sanford Campus is comprised of a male and female house, less than 1 mile apart. The nurse will perform duties at both houses.
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with current license in Michigan
- Knowledge of substance use disorders, mental health illnesses and associated treatments.
- Substance withdrawal assessment skills.
- Communication skills, self-motivation, organizational skills, critical thinking and good decision-making abilities.
Sanford House is a 24-hour residential setting, and flexible schedules and benefits are available. Please visit the website at https://sanfordhousegr.com to learn more about us!
Job Type: Part-time