Full-Time employee, hourly (i.e., you are paid for the hours you work) FULL licensed mental health counselor (or the equivalent) or psychologist position in Redmond, WA. with shift hours ranging from morning, afternoon, weekend, and evening hours. The position is heavily providing clinical supervision and consultation to associate-level mental health counselors. The position also includes providing a portion of behavioral psychotherapy to individuals on the autism spectrum on the eastside (Redmond, Duvall, Woodinville, Kirkland, Bellevue, etc.), within their home and community settings (i.e., school, after school clubs, sports, etc.) for training and supervisory purposes.
- A brief snapshot about the position:
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation to assigned supervisees and throughout our psychology department.
- Most of the therapy you would be providing is for children on the autism spectrum. (you may have a few adults on your caseload as well as individual psychotherapy clients without an autism diagnosis, if that is an interest of yours.) Due to the nature of their diagnosis and co-occurring symptoms, longer therapy sessions that are able to target multiple goals a few times within that span has a greater likelihood of skill acquisition. For example, you might have 6 clients that you see a few times a week, for 2-4 hour long sessions in a given day.
- You will be responsible for updating treatment plans as needed, and at least every 6 months.
- You will be responsible for helping ensure supervisees are conducting themselves in an ethical and legal manner.
- It is expected that you will be able to be part of team meetings and coach parents as appropriate to facilitate generalization of skills, and meet with team members during the week and throughout the course of treatment as needed to ensure continuity of care occurs.
- Complete progress notes in a timely manner, and update your timesheets accurately.
- Communicate about your needs and struggles, when you need help or more supervision, when things are going well, with us about any feedback as appropriate, and function as part of our interdisciplinary team.
- Track data and goals to ensure progress is occurring, and determine when stagnation and regression is seen; problem solve, with the team, or in-vivo, to determine functionality of said challenges, and best course(s) of action.
- Conduct intakes where appropriate.
- Overall, provide a solid foundation for our associate-level clinicians in helping them fulfill their licensure hours, and prepare to become fully-licensed clinicians.
- Additionally, it is expected you will also track data and goals in a systematic, objective and linear fashion, and utilize your approaches as appropriate and individually tailored for the client. That is to say, we want you to be you, and meet the clients (and your supervisees) where they are at given approaches you are naturally inclined to use and are appropriate for the client - motivational interviewing, psychodynamic, CBT, DBT, person-centered, existentialism, behaviorism, art therapy, dance movement therapy, mindfulness, gestalt, ACT, are among some of the approaches our therapists integrate into the therapy they provide to clients.
We are a group of passionate psychotherapists that are part of an interdisciplinary team of speech therapists as well as occupational therapists. Sandbox Therapy Group has the experience, tools, and support to help you achieve your goals and life endeavors as a psychotherapist!
Some of the things we can provide to you include:
- We place an emphasis on providing on-going training, collaboration, supervision and consultation for our clinicians and offer a friendly, relaxed, collegial, and supportive work environment. So have no fear if are interested but have limited experience - we will train and work with you! You will have more ability to control how you work with your clients and what you use to custom tailor therapy, such as the techniques and tools you use with clients!
- Clinicians set their own schedules, holidays, and vacations. We place the utmost value on maintaining a healthy work/life balance, flexibility in creating a schedule that matches your needs, and want you to be not only fulfilled here, but ensure your passions are prioritized, your voice is listened to, and any concerns you have are addressed in a timely fashion!
- Access to an assortment of rooms to select from for therapy-based work such as swings for children that need that form of sensory input or a sandbox for play therapy as well as an endless supply of games and gadgets to facilitate the therapeutic process and a conference room for larger team meetings (and so much more!), and a state-of-the-art electronic medical record system and office supplies to increase your administrative efficiency as well as your time spent on clients and self-care.
- Overall, the opportunity to build a fulfilling career that fosters your passion and encourages growth and development that could last a lifetime!
Please contact Sandbox Therapy Group ONLY if you have one or more of the following credentials that are in ACTIVE status in Washington state and have had your clinical license at lease 2 years and it is in good standing. Must either currently meet the criteria for a Washington state approved supervisor or be willing to be trained at hire (or by hire date):
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist - PsyD
- Licensed Psychologist - PhD
- Doctor of Marriage and Family Therapy - DMFT
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - LMFT
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker - LICSW
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor - LMHC
Sandbox Therapy Group is a close knit, interdisciplinary team of therapists who uphold clear values in teamwork, ethics, and custom-tailored therapy. We value our employees and work with you to hear your needs and the needs of your clients. Our psychotherapists work with individuals and families. We are passionate about helping clients break their unhealthy behavioral and cognitive patterns to form useful coping strategies for meaningful lives based on honesty, respect, and courage. The vast majority of our clients range from 1.5 years of age and go through adulthood, and are diagnosed on the Autism spectrum as well as have co-occurring diagnoses such as bipolar disorder, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, depression, posttraumatic stress disorder, to name a few.
If you share our passion of working in a supportive and collaborative team with an interdisciplinary team of providers that are dedicated to helping their community, then Sandbox Therapy Group might be a good fit for you!
Compensation depends on experience and qualifications; DOE (competitive)+ driving compensation. To apply, please send your current resume and/or curriculum vitae to anna[at]sandboxtherapy[dot]com. We should respond within 3-7 days, at which point we may request 3 references and schedule a telephone interview. We look forward to hearing from you and to answering any of your questions.