Wedding & Private Events Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wedding and Private Events Manager
Paradise Valley, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 3667
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by providing exceptional service to create a couple’s dream wedding and a planners perfect event, by creating, coordinating and /or maintaining all related documentation/contracts, files and reports generated through the process. This position requires focus in our superior standards which displays a sense of pride in the Gurneys Mission and Values.
Note: The following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Answer and coordinate all incoming calls.
- Service Weddings and Social events assigned by DOCS; including planning and execution and working closely with wedding and event planners to ensure all relevant planning details are communicated and understood
- Create and distribute accurate Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) to communicate this information and details to the operations teams in a timely manner
- Assist clients with on and off property transportation, if needed
- Work with Group Room Coordinator to ensure the accuracy of any rooms that are booked as part of the event.
- Collect deposits throughout the planning process to ensure full pre-payment is secured prior to the event
- Review and approval final invoice for all events.
- Order and coordinate delivery of special guest amenities, as needed.
- Facilitate hotel activities and hotel services as needed by our clients
- Supervise Catering Coordinator in completing assigned tasks.
- Train and develop Catering Coordinator on servicing weddings.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Catering and Special Events.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- General internet knowledge and use, including search capabilities.
- Computer set up skills, i.e., connecting printers to laptops.
- Excellent people skills with strong empathy and ability to manage a range of clients and their emotions
- Excellent phone etiquette skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions for entire shift.
- Ability to work weekends during the wedding season with time-off taken during the week
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple tasks while supporting the needs of both guests and the department.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Previous Wedding and Event planning experience required
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.
Proficiency in the following software:
Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook. PrioDelphi booking system would be an advantage
Sanctuary on Camelba
AddressParadise Valley, AZ
FoodView all jobs at Sanctuary on Camelba