The General Manager shall provide leadership and support to and for the Assistant Managers, Register Sales Team, Pre-Order Packaging Team, Receptionists, Security Team, the Merch Team and the other positions held throughout the operation. The GM will also oversee staff–customer interaction, scheduling, staff moral, staff training, regulatory updates, Company news, industry trends, sales mix product requirements forecasting, transport coordination with the Littleton manufacturing facility and sanitation. The GM shall ensure that the Company’s diversity and inclusion staffing targets are met and further advanced. Additionally, the GM will be responsible, no less than twice annually, to conduct unconscious bias training seminars storewide.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
ANNUAL SALARY: Depending on experience
- Two years managerial experience in the retail or food & beverage industry
- Full understanding of the Adult-Use cannabis regulations in Massachusetts
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to multi-task with effective time-management skills
- Performs well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- POS software operational and reporting experience
- Must be no less than 21 years of age.
- Must past a criminal background check as required by the CCC and with no felony charges.
- Five years managerial experience in the retail or food & beverage industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management
- Managerial experience in the cannabis industry
- Has previously worked in a regulated industry
- Cash handling and POS cash drawer reconciliation experience
- Opening and closing operational experience
KEY JOB DUTIES
STAFF SUPPORT and MANAGEMENT
- Holds weekly management meetings and coordinates with all managers to ensure accurate information is consistently disseminated to the staff.
- Provides managers with coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities on building effective teams.
- Ensures all opening and closing procedures are correctly implemented and maintained.
- Addresses all staff suggestions, concerns and questions and will take actions when appropriate and necessary.
- Sets the tempo for the operating nature and Company brand and is a resource for staff concerning all product and services policies.
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment.
- Manages and signs-off all staff schedules.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary facility.
- Oversees all inventory, inventory control procedures, and cash handling protocols. including daily counts of all cannabis and cannabis products.
- Maintains accurate records of all business activities including cash reconciliations, sales records, and returns as required both by Sanctuary and the State of Massachusetts.
- Ensures superior customer service is consistently delivered.
- Addresses all customer complaints directly and in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates and oversees any repairs and maintenance within the facility.
- Consults and works with Sanctuary’s Human Resources Office on staffing needs, issues, and policies or any other staff related subjects.
- Works closely with the Town of Brookline, the Brookline Chamber of Commerce, the neighborhood retailers or other entities as approved by Executive Management in promoting goodwill or addressing community need’s.
Is a good listener.
Is a strategic planner.
Excellent managerial skills.
Is a collaborator and not a dictator.
Manages with integrity and honesty.
Is comfortable when meeting new people.
Has strong motivational leadership qualities.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
Enjoys working with customers and understands what “service” means.
Is aware of unconscious bias and the importance of diversity and inclusion.
Ability to make business decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
The GM operates with direct supervision from Executive Management. The GM follows established policies and procedures, contributes to the development of new concepts, policies and protocols necessary to perform job duties and tasks and raise them to the level of excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
We embrace diversity
DISCRIMINATORY PRACTICES PROHIBITED
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Sanctuary are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The Company complies with all EEOC guidelines. Sanctuary does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: Race, national origin or ethnic background; Height and weight; credit rating or economic status; religious affiliation or beliefs; citizenship; marital status, civil partnership or number of children; age; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; security/background checks for certain religious or ethnic groups; U.S. military or veteran status; disability or medical condition; or questions and examinations.
Sanctuary reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with the Company is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or the Company at-will, with or without cause and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment at-will status of all Company staff.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail management: 5 years (Preferred)
- management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Brookline, MA 02446 (Preferred)
- United States (Required)