Registered Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse
Sancta Maria Nursing Facility Cambridge, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WOW!! You won’t believe these benefits available to our Nurses and Aides.
- Ask about our $10,000.00 Employee Benefits package
- Get a Hiring BONUS of $1,000 to $3,000!
- Earn a post hire Referral BONUS of up to $4,000!
- Health Insurance premiums paid 75% by the Company!
- $3,000 Health Insurance deductible paid by Company!
- Even FREE off street parking is available!
- But more importantly, we’re just a great place to work at!
Job Summary: Administers nursing care to residents as directed by physicians' orders and in accordance with Sancta Maria’s established policies, procedures, philosophy, objectives, and standards of nursing care and practice. An exciting opportunities for RN's/LPN's to make a difference by providing quality care in our mission driven, not-for-profit skilled nursing facility.
Full-time, part-time and per diem shifts available.
Requirements: Current Mass. license required. Minimum 1 year experience in a long-term care/short term rehab setting preferred.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Evaluates residents and provides direct nursing care as prescribed by physicians orders and multidisciplinary care plan to include
- Medication administration
- Treatments and dressings
- Enteral feedings and feeding tube changes/insertions
- Intravenous therapy and IV medications to be mixed on-site.
- Indwelling catheter insertions, changes, irrigations
- Oxygen therapy.
- Supportive respiratory therapy(suction/trach care).
- Colostomy/Ileostomy care, vaginal douches, enemas, etc.
- Care/approach for age appropriate/age specific behaviors, disease specific behaviors
- Emergency care
- Resident death pronouncements with physician’s order.
- Develops written resident care plan based on nursing assessment which identifies individualized resident needs, interventions and care goals.
- Receives report from outgoing nurse and provides report to incoming nursing staff before leaving duty.
- Makes rounds when arriving for duty and throughout shift to observe condition of resident and conveys any pertinent information to staff and others involved the resident’s care.
- At start of shift, counts controlled substances, secures keys and assumes responsibility for assigned med cart with nurse from prior shift. At end of shift, counts off controlled substances and passes keys with incoming nurse. Ensures all medications are stored, counted and locked. Orders and destroys medications in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Notifies Nurse Manager/Shift Supervisor of a resident’s change in condition, transfer to hospital, deaths, any incidents, accidents, abnormal lab results, and performs any follow-up such as arranging for transfer to hospital, notifying physician, family, etc. .
- At start of shift, checks nursing assistant assignment sheet to ensure CNA’s understand their specific resident assignments, any changes in care, special circumstances, breaks and meal times.
- Supervises work of nursing assistants to ensure tasks and duties are carried out as directed and assists as necessary to ensure residents are safe, clean, comfortable, bathed, washed, changed, groomed, clothed appropriately, positioned properly, meals and feeding is accomplished, call lights are answered in a timely manner, and any other required care is provided. Checks CNA documentation for accuracy and completion including weights, intake/output, positioning, bath, meal intake recording, etc.
- Documents resident care in accordance with Facility and nursing department policies and procedures. Charts each shift, completes nursing summary for each resident on a monthly basis,
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with staff from other departments for coordination of resident care.
- Understands and follows existing lines of communication and authority.
- Understands and follows established procedures for resident/family/staff complaints.
- Recognizes and assesses for signs and symptoms of abuse, understands mechanism, mandates and time-lines for reporting abuse.
- Follows all safety, security, sanitation, hazardous material and infection control policies and procedures and monitors compliance by other staff members.
- Reports any unsafe conditions, equipment problems to maintenance/housekeeping for resolution.
- Maintains nursing supplies, anticipates needed supplies and uses supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Attends and encourages staff to attend educational programs. Participates in staff meetings and provides constructive input. Maintains professional and technical knowledge as required by license.
- Participates and encourages quality improvement ideas and programs
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information. Ensures residents’ rights and privacy are protected at all times.
- Assists in orientation and training of staff.
- Maintains cooperative relationship with health care team by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport and participates in team building and team problem solving methods.
- Adheres to Sancta Maria’s Organizational Integrity Program, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Demonstrates, promotes and monitors excellent customer care.
Sancta Maria offers an excellent salary and benefit package and is conveniently located on the Cambridge/Belmont line. Free on-site parking; accessible by public transportation. Your Health Insurance plan premiums are paid 75% by Sancta Maria AND we have a Health Savings Account that pays up to $3,000 of your deductibles. Our employees love our health insurance plans and tell us that no other Nursing Facility can compete!!
Company Description: The Sancta Maria is a small, independent, non-profit skilled nursing facility that believes teamwork is the recipe for success. We have successfully surrounded ourselves with incredible employees who embrace their responsibilities, demonstrate compassion for our Residents and Patients, and who enjoy and appreciate their colleagues. If working in a "family oriented" environment appeals to you, then we hope that you will forward along your resume, and wish you good luck during the interview process.
Sancta Maria Nursing FacilityWhy Work Here?
Sancta Maria offers an excellent salary and benefit package and is conveniently located on the Cambridge/Belmont line. Free on-site parking;
The Sancta Maria is a small, independent, non-profit skilled nursing facility that believes teamwork is the recipe for success. We have successfully surrounded ourselves with incredible employees who embrace their responsibilities, demonstrate compassion for our Residents and Patients, and who enjoy and appreciate their colleagues. If working in a "family oriented" environment appeals to you, then we hope that you will forward along your resume, and wish you good luck during the interview process.
799 Concord Ave CambridgeCambridge, MA