Sancerre Hospitality is a Chicago-based restaurant group with a passion for developing concepts that combine culinary excellence and impeccable service with a high-energy atmosphere to create one-of-a-kind experiences.
Sancerre is now hiring a General Manager for a restaurant located in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood. Our ideal candidate is a strong, poised leader who wants to cultivate an environment of growth, is able to perform calmly and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, is capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing responsibilities, and shares our passion for genuine hospitality, authentic guest relations, and all things food and beverage.
If you feel you meet the below requirements, please respondwith a copy of your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to our team.
- Must have at least 4 years of upper management experience in a systems-based, full-service, high-volume restaurant setting.
- Must have comprehensive operations experience, including:
- Ability to order beverage inventory and maintain vendor relations.
- Ability to manage and control labor, food, and beverage costs.
- Ability to manage the floor, including: touching tables, running food, overseeing staff, and monitoring the door.
- Ability to manage the FOH staff, including: training, coaching, supporting, and disciplining.
- Ability to oversee the training and education of staff on the finer points of service, including: food and beverage knowledge, steps of service, wine service, table-side presence, guest relations, and all other things required to maintain a high level of fine dining service.
- Ability to schedule FOH staff while taking into account team members’ strengths and weaknesses, current business levels, special events, and budgeted labor.
- Ability to open and close the restaurant, including: preparing and reconciling closing banks, conducting inspired pre-shifts with your team, writing daily recaps, and doing final restaurant walk-throughs.
- Must have extensive food and beverage knowledge, as well as a strong awareness of Chicago’s restaurant scene.
- Must have the ability to work a variety of hours, days, and shifts, including weekends and late nights.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk at a steady pace for periods of up to 8 hours or more.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have State of Illinois Basset Certification.
- Must have State of Illinois Food Handlers Certification.
- Must have complete knowledge and understanding of sanitation and safety laws.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legally able to serve alcohol in the city of Chicago.
- State of Illinois and City of Chicago Foodservice Manager Certification is a plus.
Sancerre HospitalityChicago, IL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.