This is an excellent opportunity for a physician seeking to impact the health of underserved communities. Located just south of San Francisco, Daly City Health Center, part of San Mateo County Health offers excellent team based care in a location that offers adult and pediatric care with co-located mental health clinicians, and pharmacist, social worker and registered nursing support. Teams are dedicated to improving preventive and chronic disease outcomes; salary is competitive and there is a strong commitment to support provider and staff development. An ideal candidate is interested in joining an innovative, energetic, dedicated team deeply connected with its community and has Board Certification or eligibility and enrollment as a provider of Medi-Cal/Medicare.
The Daly City Clinic is located less than 10 miles south of San Francisco. The Daly City Clinic is one of San Mateo Medical Center's outpatient clinics, providing comprehensive services including primary medical care, pediatrics, family medicine, women's health, onsite pharmacy, dentistry, social work and behavioral health support. The clinic has patient centered teams that are also focused on daily improvement work to create smoother workflows. There is also strong nursing and care team support. The Daly City Clinic has a deep community connection, providing care to a diverse patient population, who may have limited access to care.
About San Mateo Medical Center
The San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC), located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a public hospital and clinic system operating outpatient clinics throughout San Mateo County, and an acute-care hospital in San Mateo. SMMC is part of the County of San Mateo Health System. The San Mateo Medical Center is committed to providing quality medical care to meet the health needs of our diverse patient community. Our commitment is to provide quality care with a compassionate touch and we strive to help you maintain a balance between work and family. SMMC has been providing healthcare to our community and surrounding service area since 1930. It is committed to developing leadership across the organization and creating a culture of continuous process improvement using lean management and process improvement philosophy.
Excellent Benefit Package
• Health benefits include family coverage options, health, eye and dental insurance, basic disability, and medical malpractice coverage.
• Retirement plans and health benefits for retirees.
• Wellness program, including exercise classes, worksite massage, and an onsite gym.
• Additional 5% increase in salary for each qualifying board certification up to two (2) Boards.
• CME funds ($2500/year) for license/books and other supplies.
• Some NHSC loan repayment support available.
• Pro-rated 130 hours/full FTE of additional hours that can be used as leave or be cashed out at 50% each spring.
• 15% administrative time.
• Protected quality improvement project time.
Examples Of Duties:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct medical and/or physical examinations and make diagnoses.
- Prescribe appropriate treatment plans and prescribe therapy or rehabilitation programs.
- Provide appropriate therapy to patients.
- Coordinate the work of consulting medical specialists.
- Act as physician member of a multi-disciplinary team for clinical work or program development.
- Train and supervise interns and residents.
- Provide clinical supervision to licensed and professional staff.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of activities.
- Consult and work with other medical and/or mental health professionals in the community when necessary.
- Confer with patients' relatives regarding illness and treatment.
- Maintain records of diagnosis, treatment and prognosis according to Joint Commission of Accredited Hospitals Organization standards and other regulatory agencies; including documenting in Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Develop comprehensive case histories.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- License to practice medicine or osteopathy in the State of California.
- Board certification or Board eligibility in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, or a related area is highly desirable.
- Current developments, trends and research in the medical field.
- Basic understanding of clinical supervisory principles and practices.
- Pharmacology and psychopharmacology including laws regarding informed consent, dosage ranges, drug incompatibilities, and side effects.
- Proper documentation of clinical services.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of general medicine and its application.
- Medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Hospitals and Clinics organization.
- Knowledge of communicable disease control.
- Knowledge of public health practices and procedures.
- Diagnose and treat patients.
- Develop and monitor appropriate treatment plans.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families, staff and others.
- Learn and apply laws, statutes, codes and regulations governing California health service providers, and JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain medical records and prepare reports.
- Serve on interdisciplinary teams.
- Clinically supervise licensed and professional staff.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Completion of a residency training program approved by the American Medical Association, or two years of clinical experience post internship in an appropriate medical specialty.
Applications for this position will only be accepted online. Please go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/300661/physician-family-practice-internal-medicine-pediatrics-open to apply.
At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
San Mateo County government is committed to:
The highest standards of public service;
A common vision of responsiveness;
The highest standards of ethical conduct;
Treating people with respect and dignity.
San Mateo County Health
Why Work Here?San Mateo County government protects and enhances the health, safety, welfare, and natural resources of the community; and provides quality services that benefit and enrich the lives of the people of this community. San Mateo County government is committed to: The highest standards of public service; A common vision of responsiveness; The highest standards of ethical conduct; Treating people with respect and dignity.
San Mateo County Health is an innovative, collaborative, mission-driven system of care!
Daly City, CA