At San Mateo Medical Center, we are always seeking ways to enhance the already impressive services we offer. This dedication to excellence is reflected in the exceptional care we provide and the extraordinary professionals who provide it. Here, you'll have the chance to develop your talents with a skilled team of people who actively support and encourage each other's success. If you're ready to open new doors for your career, join us today!
San Mateo Medical Center has an immediate extra-help opening for a Nurse Practitioner in the OB/GYN Clinics in San Mateo, Redwood City and Half Moon Bay.
Under general supervision, the Nurse Practitioner provides obstetric and gynecologic services such as conducting complete physical examinations, developing diagnostic impressions and managing care of patients in our busy OB/GYN practice.
The ideal candidate is a highly independent and reliable practitioner with license and certification as an FNP or WHNP, furnishing privileges and a minimum of two years recent experience delivering prenatal, postpartum and gynecologic care to a diverse population including placement of LARC's, screening and treatment of STI's, well woman exams, and menstrual irregularities. This is an extra help position designed for coverage of vacations and medical leave at three San Mateo outpatient locations in Redwood City, Half Moon Bay, and San Mateo. Experience in Midwifery, Labor and Delivery, and Spanish Language speakers will be prioritized.
NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis. Some extra help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment.
$74.42 - $87.97 Hourly
Examples Of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assess the health of patients to determine their physical, emotional and social status by taking a complete medical history, doing a physical examination, initiating screening and diagnostic procedures etc; evaluate results of clinical findings and laboratory tests; report any abnormalities to a physician.
- Identify and manage in collaboration with a physician, common illnesses and/or other health problems and refer these problems or illnesses that require immediate medical attention to the appropriate practicing physician; assume on-going responsibility for follow-ups.
- Collaborate with physicians and other health professionals regarding health problems and illnesses following established protocol relative to diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Counsel parents or other family members regarding health maintenance in the area of specialization.
- Coordinate and facilitate referrals to other health or social agencies.
- Maintain accurate records of assessments, follow-ups and evaluations.
- Supervise the work of subordinate health workers and participate in professional and administrative meetings.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Licensure/Certification: Possession of a California license as a Registered Nurse AND Nurse Practitioner certification in primary care for obstetric and gynecologic patients are required.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
If you are interested in being considered for one of these extra help positions, the following materials must be electronically submitted in a Word or PDF format and emailed to Linda Franco, Clinics Manager or Julie Birdsong Supervising Nurse Practitioner Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com:
- Responses to Supplemental Questions
1. Possession of a current California license as a Registered Nurse is required to qualify for this recruitment. Please provide the following: RN license number and expiration date:
2. Possession of a current California Nurse Practitioner certificate in Primary health care for obstetric and gynecologic patients is required to qualify for this recruitment. Please provide the following: Certificate number and expiration date:
3. Do you possess a DEA license? If yes, please provide your DEA license number and expiration date:
4. Describe the education, training and work experience that qualify you for a position as a Nurse Practitioner OB/GYN in an outpatient setting. Be specific:
5. Describe your experience working with and treating pregnant, postpartum and gyn patients.
6. Give an example of your work experience as a Nurse Practitioner that best demonstrates your ability to work independently, with little or no supervision. Be specific about where the experience was gained, what your duties were and for how long you performed the job. Be specific.
Please include the words "Nurse Practitioner – OB/GYN - Extra-Help" in the subject area of email submissions to:
Linda Franco, Clinics Manager or Julie Birdsong Supervising Nurse Practitioner
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
NOTE: Application materials are only accepted via e-mail. Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include all required elements (cover letter with responses to supplemental questions and a resume) will not be considered.
At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs.
The County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
San Mateo County government is committed to:
The highest standards of public service;
A common vision of responsiveness;
The highest standards of ethical conduct;
Treating people with respect and dignity.
San Mateo County Health
Why Work Here?San Mateo County government protects and enhances the health, safety, welfare, and natural resources of the community; and provides quality services that benefit and enrich the lives of the people of this community. San Mateo County government is committed to: The highest standards of public service; A common vision of responsiveness; The highest standards of ethical conduct; Treating people with respect and dignity.
San Mateo County Health is an innovative, collaborative, mission-driven system of care!
San Mateo, CA