San Mateo County Health is seeking a highly qualified IT Business Analyst II - Limited Term for their Health IT Division.
To view the online brochure for this recruitment please follow this link:
The individual in this position performs complex and technical systems maintenance, operational duties, and/or modification of application systems; serves as a liaison between system users and information technology staff, vendors, and service providers; provides technical and analytical support and training to system users; performs system administration functions to ensure security and effective operation; develops and maintains a variety of automated files, records, and databases; prepares and distributes new procedures, training materials, and a variety of scheduled and adhoc reports; and performs related work as required. This position will support multiple divisions within the Health System such as Administration, Emergency Medical Services, Finance, and Public Health, Policy and Planning.
IS Business Analyst II is the journey-level class in the IS Business Analyst series and is responsible for serving as a liaison between system users and information technology staff, vendors, and service providers. Responsibilities require the use of tact, discretion, and independent judgment and to have full and thorough knowledge of the concepts, practices, procedures, and policies of assigned function.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with conceptual and operational aspects of adapting information systems to business needs.
- Experience with being a liaison between system users and information technology staff, vendors, service providers, and healthcare staff (doctors, nurses, EMS first responders) with excellent communication/collaboration skills.
- Experience as a Project Analyst that includes all phases including planning, building, testing, integration, implementation, and post implementation stabilization.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in information systems, Computer Science, or similar technical discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in system analysis and software development and support.
- Strong knowledge of business process analysis, requirements analysis, and software analysis and design.
- Project management experience.
- Three years of experience performing application support in a health care setting.
- Ability to analyze end-user technical requirements and recommend specific technical and/or workflow solutions to meet the need.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Knowledge of database and data dictionary concepts, database file structures and operating system interfaces.
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques such as interviewing, brainstorming, modeling, risk analysis, estimating, and peer review.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Three years of experience supporting an electronic health record or case management system.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of leadership and mentoring.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff.
This is a limited term, at-will position. Limited Term Employees are assigned to assignments not to exceed three years. They receive medical and dental benefits, similar to regular employees, and a defined contribution retirement plan.
Information for current county employees: Current and regular County of San Mateo Employees who are interested in this assignment must submit an application and compete in the recruitment process. If you are successful in the recruitment and are being considered for the assignment, HR will work directly with you and/or your department for options. Please note that there is no guarantee that you will be allowed by your department to rotate into this assignment nor are your departments obligated to allow you to take on this assignment. The salary range for this position is "as is" and non-negotiable.
Anyone may apply. Responses to supplemental questions are required and must be submitted in addition to the Standard San Mateo County employment application. A resume or reference to a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for your responses to these questions.
IMPORTANT: Applications for this position will only be accepted online. If you are currently on the County's website, you may click on the "Apply" button. If you are not on the County's website, please go to https://jobs.smcgov.org/ to apply. Online applications must be received by the Human Resources Department before midnight on the final filing date.
Apply immediately. This recruitment is open on a continuous basis and selections may be made at any time within the process.The San Mateo County Health IT Division will screen applications as they are received and will directly contact qualified applicants for further consideration.
TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE
Final Filing Date: Continuous
Departmental Interviews: On An Ongoing Basis
At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HR Analyst: Lucy Fung (07082019) (IS Business Analyst II - V265)