This position is a 8 hours per day, 5 days per week (M-F), 12 Months a year. The current opening is at the District Office in Student Services.
JOB TITLE: Typist Clerk III
Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of “Typist Clerk III” is done for the purpose/s of providing complex clerical support and assistance to assigned personnel; communicating information to staff and the public regarding various activities and responding to requests; and providing for timely and accurate distribution of materials.
The San Marcos Unified School District offers paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave.
Employees new to the District are allowed salary schedule placement credit for up to two (2) years of previous experience with a maximum salary schedule entry placement for step three (3).
TYPING CERTIFICATE: a typing certificate that is current within 6 months must be scanned and included with your application. The typing certificate requirement will be waived for SMUSD employees who are currently in a clerical position. Typing certificates may be obtained at some temporary agencies, community colleges, or on-line at official typing sites. Your typing certificate must include your name, the date the test was taken, and the net typing speed. There is no minimum typing speed requirement.
Essential Job Functions:
* Answers telecommunications system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and taking messages.
* Composes documents (e.g. correspondence, bulletins, reports, agendas, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
* Evaluates situations (i.e. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
* Maintains complex and confidential records; financial related information (e.g. enrollment, class size, attendance, overdue notices, etc.); schedules, files, rosters, etc. for the purpose of documenting and providing reliable information and/or coordinating available space.
* Maintains inventory of office supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of required items.
* Processes documents and materials (e.g. mail, books, supplies) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
* Responds to inquiries of staff, the public, parents, and students for the purpose of providing information and direction as may be required.
Other Job Functions:
* Oversees work assignments of others (e.g. new employees, student worker, volunteers, etc.) for the purpose of providing orientation to their job assignments.
* Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Essential Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required:
Prior job related experience required.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skill to operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer applications, type with speed and accuracy; use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation; communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, parents, the public, and administrators.
Knowledge of standard office procedures.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; perform basic mathematical calculation; work independently, make common sense decisions in routine and critical situations; work efficiently under pressure with constant interruptions. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity/visual accommodation.
The San Marcos Unified School District is an innovative and collaborative community providing an unparalleled educational experience. Through an engaging and supportive environment, all our students are challenged, inspired, and poised to excel.
San Marcos Unified School District
Why Work Here?The San Marcos Unified School District is a K - 12 district located in San Marcos, CA. The San Marcos Unified School District is an innovative and collaborative community providing an unparalleled educational experience. Through an engaging and supportive environment, all our students are challenged, inspired, and poised to excel.
San Marcos Unified School District - 255 Pico Avenue, Suite 250, San Marcos, CA 92069