The job of "Group Leader" is done for the purpose/s of providing quality child care for elementary school children. Our positions are part-time but require employees to work Monday through Friday, the same hours each day.
Employees new to the District are allowed salary schedule placement credit for up to two (2) years of previous experience with a maximum salary schedule entry placement for step three (3).
Essential Job Functions:
* Prepares center activities for the purpose of providing quality child care.
* Coordinates activities with other center staff for the purpose of ensuring quality program offerings for all children.
* Maintains center, center equipment and supplies, and documentation for the purpose of ensuring a safe and orderly environment.
* Prepares and implements daily lesson plans for the purpose of providing a developmentally appropriate environment.
* Monitors student activities for the purpose of providing a safe and positive environment.
* Communicates with parents, school staff, and others for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information.
* Administers first aid and medication for the purpose of providing appropriate care.
Other Job Functions:
* Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Essential Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required: Prior child care experience, paid or volunteer, preferably in a group setting.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skill to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, parents, school administrators and the community; perform basic clerical functions, perform basic arithmetic calculations, operate standard office equipment, use English in the verbal and written form, use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling, make common sense decisions and administer first aid.
Knowledge of child development principles, age appropriate activities, routine recordkeeping, techniques of positive communication.
Ability to read/interpret/apply rules, regulations, and policies. Learn methods and materials used in a variety of situations and work with children and adults in a manner which demonstrates adaptability, flexibility, creativity and imagination. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations and other sounds, and near/far visual acuity.
* Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: