Child Nutrition Service Elementary Site Manager (Part Time)
San Marcos Unified School District San Marcos, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CNS Elementary Site Manager positions are 3.75 hours per day, 185 days per year.
This posting is for the following hours:
Anticipated working hours: 10:30 am - 2:15 pm
Employees new to the District are allowed salary schedule placement credit up to two (2) years of previous experience with a maximum salary schedule entry placement for step three (3).
The San Marcos Unified School District offers paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave.
Any attachments must be scanned and forwarded with your on-line application. We do not accept e-mailed, mailed or faxed documents.
JOB TITLE: Child Nutrition Services Elementary Site Manager
Overall Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of “Child Nutrition Services Elementary Site Manager” is done for the purpose/s of collecting funds for daily meal transactions, processing paperwork, balancing accounts and adhering to accounting practices for moneys handled, directing and assisting personnel in food service operations, preparing and distributing items for customer consumption, maintaining inventories and facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
Essential Job Functions:
* Supervises and assists assigned personnel for the purpose of preparing and serving food service items.
* Counts required food and supplies for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste.
* Assists in cleaning/storing equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining sanitary and secure conditions.
* Performs cashier duties for the purpose of recording food service transactions.
* Prepares and maintains needed records for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
* Operates food service equipment for the purpose of providing food service items.
* Sets up serving stations for the purpose of maintaining an adequate supply of food service items for sale to students, staff, and the public.
* Assures compliance with safety and sanitary regulations/procedures for the purpose of maintaining sanitary and secure conditions.
* Responds to inquiries of students, staff and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the type and/or cost of meals.
* Inspects and stocks received items of food and/or supplies for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders and/or complying with mandated health requirements.
* Prepares and delivers food and supplies for the purpose of transport to other sites.
* Prepares bank deposits for the purpose of depositing funds received.
Other Job Functions:
* Transports money for the purpose of assisting the CNS Area Supervisor.
* Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Job Requirements - Qualifications
* Experience Required:
Recent experience in the preparation and serving of large quantities of food.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skill to cook and bake food in large quantities, communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, parents and school administrators.
Knowledge of food service equipment; health and safety codes and sanitary principles.
Ability to supervise personnel; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; develop/maintain a work environment conducive to optimum employee performance; ensure customer satisfaction with the food service delivery system; accurately perform basic arithmetic functions; use standard office equipment; basic cash handling procedures; knowledge of health and safety codes and sanitary principles; operate/maintain food service equipment. Ability to make sound decisions, deal with stressful situations, and maintain interpersonal relationships in a fast paced environment. Physical abilities include reaching/handling, lifting/pulling/pushing, standing for long periods of time, talking/hearing conversations, and other sounds, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/visual accommodation/field of vision.
The San Marcos Unified School District is an innovative and collaborative community providing an unparalleled educational experience. Through an engaging and supportive environment, all our students are challenged, inspired, and poised to excel.
San Marcos Unified School DistrictWhy Work Here?
San Marcos Unified School District - 255 Pico Avenue, Suite 250, San Marcos, CA 92069
The San Marcos Unified School District is a K - 12 district located in San Marcos, CA. The San Marcos Unified School District is an innovative and collaborative community providing an unparalleled educational experience. Through an engaging and supportive environment, all our students are challenged, inspired, and poised to excel.
AddressSan Marcos, CA