Systems Engineer II
San Manuel Casino Highland, CA
- Posted: July 07, 2021
At San Manuel, Systems Engineers are the backbone of our Information Technology (IT) services, working on enterprise systems provide the utmost availability of all services. Under the direction of the Systems Engineer Manager, the Systems Engineer II drives innovation to support efficient operations of the San Manuel infrastructure. This position designs solutions that provide a long-term benefit for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI).
The Systems Engineer II continually researches and engineers, when feasible, ways to improve system performance, policies, procedures, and tools. This position plans backup and disaster recovery capabilities to continually meet the needs of the enterprise and ensures the data is secure. The IT Systems Engineer II is capable of critical thinking, resolving complex problems, and leading project development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Engineers designs for the installation of infrastructure projects and guides system initiatives. Researches solutions for continual improvement of the IT infrastructure.
2. Leads project teams to implement the technology architecture components of a solution, and provides ongoing assurance of technology solutions through to delivery.
3. Understands business requirements and identifies potential solutions to meet these needs as well as conduct appropriate research and deliver recommendations.
4. Participates in purchase justifications and projects benefit analysis. Analyzes current support contracts for cost savings and engineers substitute products.
5. Performs incident, problem, and change management tasks (including but not limited to root cause analysis, request for change, and event/incident management).
6. Leads the troubleshooting efforts for any issues that arise with the infrastructure systems, including but not limited to, working with third-party vendors as well as other SMBMI team members.
7. Leads the team in creating and maintaining documented policies, procedures, and processes such as operational run books and architectural diagrams.
8. Supports essential enterprise clients and emergencies by performing duties on call on a rotational basis.
9. Designs and compiles scripts and code (PowerShell and/or Python) to streamline normal operations. Supports the security posture efforts by maintaining systems at the recommended patch levels
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field is required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of systems administration experience is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Demonstrated experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL) databases, virtual machine software from VMware, and Microsoft Windows Server in a large enterprise environment is required.
- Proficient understanding of Active Directory & Domain architecture, New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions, Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and certificate management.
- Extensive experience with automation tools Fault Tolerance (FT), and High Availability (HA) technologies is required.
- In-depth experience with enterprise-class storage systems and backup technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows scripting including PowerShell, Batch, and Visual Basic Script (VBScript) is required.
- Ability to diagnose hardware/operating system (OS) problems and optimize system setups for complex application environments is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with enterprise level Microsoft Windows system patching.
- Experience writing proposals, procedures, policies, and technical documentation.
- In-depth experience with Exchange Server 2016 or newer architecture, services, and support.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Microsoft Office 365 (O365) is preferred.
- Knowledge of current storage technologies is preferred: Object-based storage, Network File System (NFS), and fiber-channel.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certifications in VMware, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Linux, and backup suites are preferred.
- Cloud certifications are preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
San Manuel Casino
TechnologyView all jobs at San Manuel Casino