Under the direction of the Senior Slot Systems Manager, the Slot Technical Manager is responsible for daily departmental operations as it applies to the technical division and the multiple facets that fall under this domain. The Slot Technical Manager assists in the planning and execution of all slot machine and slot system related projects, and control of those projects as they relate to overall department revenue. They are the communication entity between major vendors and casino operators and the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the Slot Technical Assistant Managers, Technical Supervisors and Technical staff. Oversees and delegates day-to-day projects and maintenance of slot machines.
- Develops short and long term planning for departmental operations, including design components such as building and developing the Slot area.
- Executes department directives, objectives and communication.
- Assists in planning and implementing all slot machine and slot system related projects.
- Participates in documenting project proposal and execution to include accurate cost, time estimates, test plans, operational procedures, business impact concerns, and estimated resources/training requirements.
- Develops and leads functional teams and sub-teams to implement and deliver expected projects.
- Plans and conducts scheduled project status meetings that report on performance, milestones, action items, metrics and issues.
- Ensures all projects adhere to regulatory compliance, approved policies and internal controls.
- Performs analysis of existing slot systems to identify issues, problems and opportunities in order to increase effectiveness.
- Conducts research and reports to Management on new slot technology that can either provide a competitive advantage or increase financial gain.
- Compiles various analytical, statistical, and financial reports detailing slot performance, ticket validation, player tracking and player survey.
- Creates and maintains a database of various gathered information to submit reports to Management.
- Motivates and mentors staff to ensure commitment to excellence and quality service to all entities of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years large-scale slot operations management experience required.
- Minimum five (5) years gaming floor experience including slot machine set-up, repair and online slot system experience required.
- Must possess strong understanding of slot mathematics, slot performance management and slot progressive management with proven positive results.
- Must have an understanding of slot operations and its relation to the organization as a whole.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Experience in hiring, training and developing staff required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English; second language skills preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills required.
- Demonstrated maturity and poise; ability to employ perfect discretion in sensitive situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Must be self-motivated, friendly and confident.
- Must be mechanically inclined with demonstrated hands-on experience.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- State of California Key Employee license required.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!