The position's primary responsibility is to have a deep understanding of customer needs and have the ability to break down large requirements into manageable and detailed backlog items for new product development initiatives as assigned. The role will provide direction to development studios through an agile methodology to include backlog creation/grooming, sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint review and sprint retrospective for the assigned development initiatives. In addition, the Senior Product Manager mentors other Product Managers within the team and is the product management lead on large development projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and manages backlog items for various new product development initiatives.
- Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve strategic initiatives. Mentors new and more junior Product Managers on backlog creation and grooming processes.
- Ensure all development studios have a minimum of 3 sprints worth of effort that is fully groomed and ready to be immediately moved into a sprint.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts on business needs, scope, architecture and UX design to ensure key pillars are included within the backlog requirements and success criteria.
- Take a proactive leadership role within the agile development methodology, which includes backlog grooming, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Support and assist development studios/scrum master in removing impediments from active sprints.
- Ensure development stakeholders understand the overall strategy and developmental roadmap. Maintains an expert level understanding of new system capabilities and their intended use cases.
- Manage and execute new product launch plans, providing product education, demonstration and expertise to internal customers.
- Responsible for developing business plans and return on investment (ROI) analysis for internal decision making and retrospectives on launched products or feature sets.
- Understand the competitive landscape of similar products to develop best of breed within the industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field is required.
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience in Product Management delivering complex solutions in an agile development environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years' of successfully managing multiple product line requirements in a regulated industry.
- Minimum of three (3) years' of successfully delivering products while working with offshoring development studios.
- Minimum of three (3) year of management experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of educational requirement.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules as needed to support offshore development studios.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to deconstruct complex requirements into multiple easily understood requirements.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certifications such as Pragmatic Marketing, various agile methodologies and/or application-specific accreditation desirable when combined with relevant experience.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!