The Marketing Analyst will provide insights and report on findings via data visualizations and stories derived from various sources related to marketing activities for the Marketing Department. By exploring market trends, competitors, potential and existing customers, the Marketing Analyst will help to foster a data driven environment through the creation of models and analysis that drive revenue, profit and engagement. This individual will coordinate with staff throughout the organization and external agencies to collect and retrieve data required for research projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build business intelligence, reports and dashboards using software like Microsoft Excel/VBA, Tableau, or SAS Visual Analytics that include segment/campaign profitability and customer behavior or trends.
- Investigate and conduct deep dives into data across marketing channels (email, web, social, digital advertising, events, etc.) to understand customer engagements and analyze user behaviors throughout the customer journey.
- Collect customer demographic information (e.g., gender, income, age) and market data (e.g., competition prices, industry, media) through primary research methods and sources (such as surveys, media ratings tools, internal databases and focus groups) and secondary research (information from industry associations, statisticians and marketing experts).
- Conduct market research for determining brand perceptions, understanding customer needs, evaluating market penetration and analyzing competitors.
- Generate reports that analyze customers, competition, the industry, and marketing activities using charts, graphs, explanatory text and previously developed ROI formats.
- Perform special studies as assigned, including preparation of written and/or verbal reports.
- Oversee all department presentation materials, including but not limited to, final reports, PowerPoint presentations, and all electronic presentation deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience performing research studies and analysis from start to finish in a marketing, sales or media environment is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience with data visualization, reporting & dash boarding tools such as SAS visual Analytics or Tableau not just for content, but also to make them dynamic.
- Experience with scripting languages like SAS or SQL preferred.
- Experience with Google Analytics custom reports and dashboards preferred.
- Must be able to work in fast paced, high performance environment with tight deadlines.
- Requires ability to think critically and independently, while at the same time the ability to know when to ask for help; requires excellent common sense.
- Ability to self-manage project based upon defined timelines and variable outcomes required.
- Ability to complete projects that require long hours prepping presentation materials from not just a content, but even “making them dynamic” perspective.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!