San Manuel Casino Highland, CA
- Expired: June 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Vice President of Construction and Development, the Director, Construction is a key operational role, working closely with the Senior Vice President, Vice President, and Directors and establishing relationships with business leaders across the organization. The Director, Construction develops and directly operationalizes the strategy and initiatives for San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI) for all associated construction and development endeavors. This role also develops strategic goals and translates them into operational plans. The individual selected for this role directs and oversees the execution of all phases of development and construction for complex reservation residential projects according to San Manuel's established policies and objectives, serving as a primary point of contact for construction projects for Development and Tribal Government operations. The Director, Construction is expected to oversee multiple projects and personnel at one time in various phases of development and to meet or exceed established goals including project delivery, scheduling, budgeting, profitability, subcontractor relations, document management and control, change management, forecasting/risk analysis, cost and schedule integration and reporting. This role also holds responsibility for understanding key business drivers and developing both short and long-term construction strategies based on robust financial and operational needs analysis. The Director, Construction also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe's vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for projects from start to finish maintaining high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance by conveying these expectations to others, holding themselves and others accountable for meeting these standards.
2. Manages the budgetary process for the assigned property, including but not limited to developing and submitting annual budgets, developing any budgets for projects, and managing these budgets, while providing consultation in all areas of capital real estate development, design and implementation of technical projects and systems.
3. Responsible in charge for strategic procurement planning, including determining project delivery methods and appropriate contracts to use for a given project. Ensures that bid documents and contracts encompass the complete scope coverage. Oversees the Request for Proposals (RFP) process as needed to source vendors. Performs bid analysis, details/mitigates potential risks and provides concise recommendation of vendor selection to Executive management team.
4. Responsible for achieving objectives within budget and timeframes and in compliance with established requirements with minimal disruption to the Reservation or Casino. Monitors the progress of the project activities and hold regular status meetings with all team members, other departments and stakeholders. Mitigates risks to ensure on time and on budget delivery. Provides all necessary documentation and reports to Vice President Construction and Development and Executive Team.
5. Notifies executive leadership team to inform the Tribal executives of the activities, results and developments that could have an impact on objectives and activities of other departments. Serves as a primary communication conduit for priorities, provides guidance, evaluates performance, clarifies issues, identifies solutions, and communicates goals with Construction and Development team.
6. Provides forecast reports for executive leadership such as budget estimates, progress reports, cost tracking, etc., and prepares periodic update reports of project or development status.
7. Develops relationships with senior management and business leaders across the organization to gain and maintain a robust understanding of the Tribe's needs.
8. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to public health emergencies.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Makes hiring decisions and designs individual development plans with succession planning in mind for all key roles
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field is required.
- Continuing Education in Design, Construction, and Corporate Real Estate topics including sustainability and innovative workplace practices desirable. LEED accreditation desirable.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction and/or Construction Management overseeing large, diverse and iconic hospitality, entertainment and mixed-use developments.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of direct supervisory experience of management teams and individual contributors required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must be culturally competent and effective in a multi-cultural environment.
- Effective at presenting information and responding to questions and/or concerns from management, staff, customers, public groups, regulatory agencies, and/or the Business Committee.
- Strong leadership and people management skills required with good motivational and collaboration emphasis; communicates change effectively, overcomes resistance and builds commitment.
- Organized and able to effectively manage multiple, diverse tasks and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Experience with organizational transformation, including the development and implementation of effective operating models in large-scale, complex organizations.
- Ability to delegate, multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Must be personable and professional, capable of using caution and discretion in communication.
- License/registration preferred in a minimum of three of the following: Real Estate Management, Architecture, Development, Engineering, Construction and Construction Management.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company's insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
San Manuel Casino
ConstructionView all jobs at San Manuel Casino