Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Cocktail Server provides timely, accurate and responsible cocktail service and complimentary soft drink service to all SMC guests, in locations such as slot areas, table games, facility and special events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Verifies guest is of legal age to consume alcohol and ensures all responsible Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), state and gaming policies are adhered to while serving alcohol.
- Maintains a high level of alcohol knowledge, types of alcohol and pricing, as well as the "cash and carry," alcohol service method. Responsible for collecting payment for each drink or round of drinks when they are ordered.
- Addresses customers in a cordial manner with a smile, at all times.
- Servers must go to all areas in their assigned stations, pick up trash and empty ashtrays, and asking “cocktail service” throughout their scheduled shift. Note: In the Poker Room, it is courteous to take orders from customers after the dealer has dealt the hand. Take requests from customers and ask all other players if they would like service, clean out any ash trays, pick up all trash and empty beer bottles.
- Maintains knowledge of all drink and beer items available, the price of each, and how the drink is garnished.
- Maintains proper set-up of beverage tray including: cash caddy for making change to the customer, matches, beverage napkins, small pad of paper for taking orders, and a pen. Possesses a $20.00 bank of own money to give change.
- Orders all alcoholic beverages from the bartender and pays the bartender for the complete order. (Except in the restaurants where drinks are to be rung onto the proper dining check prior to getting them from the bartender.) Non-alcohol drinks are to be made by the server or bartender and rung up under the proper department comp category.
- Requests assistance from dealers, neighboring customers, or floor management for assistance if a customer has placed an order and has left their seat.
- Schedules breaks on time and in accordance with their co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) months related experience or training required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Email this job to: