Surveillance Systems Administrator
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Highland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI) is a self-governing nation and as such has established tribally-managed governmental units to enhance and support services on the San Manuel reservation. The San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission (SMTGC) is the governmental unit that was created by tribal ordinance as the primary regulator of gaming within the SMBMI’s jurisdiction, including the San Manuel Casino (Casino). The SMTGC, which includes the Surveillance Department, is responsible for maintaining legal and regulatory compliance, ensuring a high level of integrity, and safeguarding Tribal and Casino assets.
Under the direction of the Surveillance Systems Supervisor, the Surveillance Systems Administrator is responsible
to make certain all Surveillance Department system components, equipment and infrastructure (surveillance systems) are installed and operating in accordance with industry and regulatory standards. This ensures compliance with state and federal surveillance requirements for the operation of gaming activities. This includes but is not limited to installation, repair, and maintenance of surveillance systems at properties owned and operated by SMBMI. Properties include but are not limited to, SMC Casino, SMC Hotel, SMC Retail, SMC Entrainment Venue, SMC Amenities, SMC Food & Beverage areas, SMBMI Reservation, and numerous SMBMI remote site locations.
The Surveillance Systems Administrator plays a mission critical role in the deployment, configuration, security, monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of Surveillance Department systems. This position serves as a specialist on multiple operating systems and platforms supporting large scale computing. The Systems Administrator applies professional experience and training in Information Technology (IT) to the most complex assignments requiring development and installation of operating system software, systems programming and modification of operating systems, performance analysis, database maintenance, and management, security administration, and management of data storage. The Surveillance Systems Administrator is responsible for participation in the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery for mission critical systems. This role additionally assists in investigations, analyzes feasibility of system requirements, and develops system specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Installs and configures servers, network switches, storage devices, wireless devices, PC clients, peripherals, and software applications, as well as patches cables. Responsible for Windows Server (SQL Server, SharePoint, Others), VMware (VSphere & VCenter) administration, and monitoring.
2. Maintains thorough diagnostic process and troubleshoots surveillance systems and applications, ensuring optimization to include regularly deployment of updates as needed.
3. Processes work orders, documents work performed, provides accurate daily and/or weekly status reporting
4. Responds to and plans for service outages. Leads problem-solving efforts with Surveillance Technicians or outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations. Participates in development and implementation of key strategies, best practice techniques, and tactics to ensure system optimization.
5. Provides expert knowledge and support for business applications. Researches surveillance and IT technologies, makes recommendations on enhancements to ensure efficient and cost-effective surveillance systems operation. Participates in development and implementation of key strategies, best practices, and tactics ensuring systems optimization.
6. Provides feedback in planning, and execution of tasks or projects. Negotiates and meets deadlines in dynamic environment with changing priorities.
7. Remains adaptable to new situations with strong commitment to team environment. Maintains capacity to work with little supervision, and demonstrate willingness to learn new technologies.
8. Maintains working knowledge of Surveillance Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), SMTGC and Casino policies/procedures, federal, state, and tribal regulations pertaining to SMBMI and its operations. Provides testimony as subject matter expert in Gaming Commission hearings, Tribal Court, or Court of Law.
9. Is "on-call" and responsible for technical support in response to enterprise needs on 24 hour 7 day a week basis.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years Surveillance Technology, Information Technology or related experience required.
- Experience configuring, installing and troubleshooting IT systems, appliances, and devices such as servers, switches, storage devices, PC’s, etc. required.
- Microsoft Windows Server, VMware, EMC storage experience strongly preferred.
- Direct experience with Dell, Cisco UCS, Cisco/Enterasys/Extreme switching and EMC storage appliances is preferred.
- Knowledge of security principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems, data and LAN/WAN networks preferred.
- Experience with common server monitoring tools (i.e. Solarwinds).
- Must obtain and maintain a Class “A” Gaming License issued by the San Manuel Gaming Commission.
- CompTIA, MCSE, CCNA, related, or combination of, certification preferred. Vocational/Technical/Business certification in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred required.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
The San Manuel reservation was established in 1891 and recognized as a sovereign nation with the right of self-government. Since time immemorial, the San Manuel tribal community has endured change and hardship. Amidst these challenges the tribe continued to maintain its unique form of governance. Like other governments it seeks to provide a better quality of life for its citizens by building infrastructure, maintaining civil services and promoting social, economic and cultural development.
Today San Manuel tribal government oversees many governmental units including the departments of fire, public safety, education and environment. Encompassing gaming governmental operations and other enterprises, the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians is one of the largest employers in the Inland Empire area and employs over 3000 people.
San Manuel Band of Mission IndiansWhy Work Here?
Join the San Manuel Team! When you embark on a career with San Manuel, you become part of a team and a storied tradition.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians is a federally recognized American Indian tribe located near the city of Highland, California. San Manuel is one of several clans of Serrano Indians, who are the indigenous people of the San Bernardino highlands, passes, valleys and mountains who share a common language and culture. The San Manuel reservation was established in 1891 and recognized as a sovereign nation with the right of self-government. Since time immemorial, the San Manuel tribal community has endured change and hardship. Amidst these challenges the tribe continued to maintain its unique form of governance. Like other governments it seeks to provide a better quality of life for its citizens by building infrastructure, maintaining civil services and promoting social, economic and cultural development. Today San Manuel tribal government oversees many governmental units including the departments of fire, public safety, education and environment. Encompassing gaming governmental operations and other enterprises, the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians is one of the largest employers in the Inland Empire area and employs over 3000 people.
777 San Manuel Blvd.Highland, CA