- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $24 Hourly
The salary range displayed represents the typical salary of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
San Luis Valley Health is seeking a full-time Maintenance Mechanic to join our EVS team!
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certificate in at least one trade, plumbing, electrical, carpentry or HVAC, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years building system experience, including working in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, boilers, HVAC and general building maintenance, required.
- Acceptable driving record allowing individual to participate in Hospital vehicle insurance program, to be maintained throughout employment.
- Advanced knowledge of the "principles and theory" of electricity/electronics, plumbing, carpentry, boilers and HVAC systems.
- Must have ability to diagnose and repair malfunctioning the equipment or systems, using trade accepted tools, techniques and test equipment.
- Individuals assigned to this position must maintain the appropriate certification, licensure or registration as mandated by the specific governing agency, or be willing to obtain any required in the future needs of the position.
What you’ll do:
- Electrical Systems - Performs all service and repair work to the level of experience achieved. Performs or assist Plant Engineers with maintenance, installation and repair of electrical systems and controls such as receptacles, cords, circuits, light fixtures; perform all electrical repairs and installations in conformance with State and NEC.
- Plumbing- Performs all service and repair work to the level of experience achieved. Performs or assist Plant Engineers with maintenance and instillation of piping, plumbing fixtures, pressure testing, frozen pipes, gas lines and appliances, valves, pumps, coils and boiler equipment.
- Assist with operation and maintenance of steam plant, steam traps, steam leaks, sight glasses, etc. Participates in maintaining safe operation of the water treatment program.
- HVAC- Performs all service and repair work to the level of experience achieved. Performs or assist Plan Engineers with maintenance or installation of HVAC systems throughout the Hospital, inspecting and operating building automation; heating systems, refrigeration equipment, coolers, freezers, ice machines and thermostatic controls as needed.
- Enters and completes work orders and p.m.’s in a timely manner, reporting back to Manager when situations arise that they can’t be completed on time. Ensures that all documentation required by Local, State and Federal agencies is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Functions as hospital security when security is not present, by responding to pages for assistance. The group acts as a deterrent by show of force to individuals acting inappropriately. Also may assist with moving furniture, offices, trash and bio-hazard removal as well as making deliveries or picking up items as required.
- May be assigned to different shifts temporarily when staffing shortages or hospital emergencies dictate requirements. Will participate in the “Maintenance on Call” program and work holidays as assigned.
- Is an active member in the Hospitals “snow removal plan” including shoveling snow, sanding/salting ice areas and operating snow removal equipment as needed.
- General- Maintain established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, environmental and infection control, safety, and comply with codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies; promotes positive interpersonal (customer) relationships with fellow employees, patients and visitors. Treats these individuals with courtesy, dignity, empathy and respect; consistently displays courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Will perform work at all off site clinics, buildings as well as at CCH when required.
We Take Care of Our People
As the largest employer in the San Luis Valley, we commit to providing our employees with quality and affordable benefits to complement a fulfilling work experience and help balance life experiences and needs. To show our appreciation of your hard work, we offer a competitive and comprehensive total benefits package, including:
- Full medical, dental and vision plans to suit the needs of you and your family, with low-cost copays and deductibles, all without high out-of-pocket expenses.
- No out-of-pocket cost for AirMedCare Network Membership for those enrolled in a SLV Health medical plan.
- Enjoy 21 days of Paid Time Off in your first year and a generous Sick Leave program, with accruals starting on your first day!
- Start saving with Retirement plans available from day one, providing up to 5% employer match after one year of employment.
- Free life and disability insurance benefits for full-time employees with the opportunity to purchase additional coverage at low costs.
- Add to your benefit package with a variety of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts and more.
- Take care of yourself with our free on-site 24-hour employee health center, and discounts to a selection of local fitness/recreational centers.
- Keep learning by utilizing our education program benefits to foster your growth and development.
- Give back to the community with multiple opportunities throughout the year to volunteer with our own non-profit SLV Health Foundation and other SLV- and community-sponsored events.
- Discounts on cell-phone plans, ski/snowboard lift tickets, Dell computers, local pools, Adams State University functions and more!
- Your family is our family so our employees and their family members have access to our employee support services, including up to four free counseling sessions to assist with work/life solutions.
Like to learn more? Click here for more information on our employee benefits program!
San Luis Valley Health
AutomotiveView all jobs at San Luis Valley Health