The impact you will have: As an instructional leader you will support our students in developing their academic and social skills. We are looking for passionate teachers who will inspire our students to discover their own greatness. A more detailed job description is available at https://sjusd.box.com/v/generaleducationteacher.
Who you are: A dedicated, collaborative professional with strong communication skills who can develop successful relationships with students, staff, and our community.
What you bring:
- Letter of Introduction outlining desire and qualifications for this position
- Two (2) letters of reference from prior supervisors (you may submit your application without these letters, but please be sure to attach them prior to your interview)
- Transcripts of your undergraduate degree, and graduate degrees if applicable. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes only.
- Test Results: please attach CSET results and evidence of meeting the Basic Skills Requirement, such as CBEST, PRAXIS, SAT or ACT results
- Single Subject Science Credential
- EL Authorization
Your benefits: San José Unified offers a fantastic team and system of supports. We provide a comprehensive benefits package which includes free medical and dental coverage for our employees who work at least a 0.75 FTE (30 hours per week), as well as paid personal, family, and maternity leaves, among other great perks!
Our teachers receive mac laptops and have on-site technology support. We provide free induction to teachers needing to clear their credential. All teachers receive fantastic professional development throughout the year and opportunities for one-on-one coaching with site or district coaches.
Note to internal employees: You do not need to resubmit any information we already have on file. In your application please be sure to let us know which site you are applying for.
When will you hear back from us: Within 3-4 days of applying, we will inform you if you will be moving forward in our hiring process and share next steps. If there is a delayed response, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.